Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The good, the bad and the Brighton - Croydon Advertiser

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
image.jpeg

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
"Basically what I am saying is, the last thing I want for us to do is end up like Brighton!"

Eh? What does that mean?

EDIT: Ah right –*just re-read it – the old 'plastic supporters' thing. A phenomenon that affects EVERY club in the world, probably. And, as I've asked before, when Withdean had such a small capacity, where do you expect people to go...?

But surely they a planning to have 16k plastics coming along if they are to fill a 40k stadium, as they have a capacity currently now of 26K and don't have enough fans to fill that every home game.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I have to attend matches at Selhurst from time to time and I can't say I've noticed much of an atmosphere. As you say, a few people in the far corner waving flags doesn't exactly scream Welcome To Hell...

Essentially, what the writer is saying is that he's glad all over that some outsider with no feeling for the club will come in and rebuild their shed of a ground. Of course he wouldn't like to be like Brighton, whose fans can look around every other Saturday and see a stadium that they fought to get permission for. Much better to let someone else do it ....

Fixed it for you. :thumbsup:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Here he is - Queen of the Nigels.

And look, as if the first one wasn't unfunny enough, he's posted two unfunny irrelevant pics.

Absolutely textbook.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Both listed on Wiki as minority owners under Sam Hinkie.
Plus the same for the New York Devils, who also have done nothing this decade.

Pretty sure that it is Joshua Harris who is the principal owner of both these clubs. Hinkie is club president.

Your asset stripped comment is equally inaccurate although the point that both teams are - intentionally - crap is bang on the money. Whether the strategy will pay off in the medium term is still vey much open to debate but due to both the lack of a draft process and the risk of relegation in the Premier League, it seems unlikely that this approach would be adopted at Palace.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Here he is - Queen of the Nigels.

And look, as if the first one wasn't unfunny enough, he's posted two unfunny irrelevant pics.

Absolutely textbook.
The King of chunky knitwear has spoken .
image.jpeg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The King of chunky knitwear has spoken .
Hahahahahahahahah! That's absolutely brilliant that is. Chunky knitwear! Oh yes, because I,erm, wear chunky knitwear all the time, I really do.

And that's the difference. Whereas you really are a boring smug tosspot with no business on this board, I actually haven't ever worn chunky knitwear in my life.

Try and either be funny or interesting, yeah? You've been here 3 years contributing thousands of posts, and to my knowledge, haven't managed it yet. But I'm not giving up!

(hint: those "I'm considerably richer than you" pictures aren't remotely funny)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This, more like:

castle on sand.jpg

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Hahahahahahahahah! That's absolutely brilliant that is. Chunky knitwear! Oh yes, because I,erm, wear chunky knitwear all the time, I really do.

And that's the difference. Whereas you really are a boring smug tosspot with no business on this board, I actually haven't ever worn chunky knitwear in my life.

Try and either be funny or interesting, yeah? You've been here 3 years contributing thousands of posts, and to my knowledge, haven't managed it yet. But I'm not giving up!

(hint: those "I'm considerably richer than you" pictures aren't remotely funny)

Trying to look at it from a different point of view, I really didn't want to laugh because he's a palace goon, but you trying to explain yourself there gave him the home run. :lolol:

Should have just ignored and let him have his day.

Ours will come.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last season the 76ers won 18 of their 82 game regular season.
This year they are yet to win having played 8 matches.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
"Basically what I am saying is, the last thing I want for us to do is end up like Brighton!"

Eh? What does that mean?

It means that retaining four cow sheds around a swamp and calling it a 'stadium' is the guiding principle of their mission statement.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So, the Palace equivalent of HB&B (with better spelling but equally piss poor grammar) pops up in his local rag with a rubbish blog and people get het up about it? Blimey.

(The thing about plastics & attendances is hilarious, for what it's worth: how quickly they forget).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here