The good, the bad and the Brighton - Croydon Advertiser

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
If that is the direction they want to take fair play to them, it's a new income stream to compete in the Prem. However I really don't get the needless reference to the Albion as we have everything they would love off the pitch while they have what we would love on it.
Maybe I've lived in Surrey too long but you have to respect the football they play while having no respect for the off pitch shenanigans prior to CPFC2010.
Is this any different from the investment reported yesterday into Bournemouth, it will all go pear shaped when the investors don't get a return on their invest.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
:lol: They do believe their own Sky Sports driven hype don't they? It's one noisy corner of kids in hoody uniform singing foreign songs ffs. As I've mentioned on here before, SKY love to put a sound thing right by them and turn up the volume - the difference when BT Sport used to cover matches was quite funny...

I have to attend matches at Selhurst from time to time and I can't say I've noticed much of an atmosphere. As you say, a few people in the far corner waving flags doesn't exactly scream Welcome To Hell...

Essentially, what the writer is saying is that he's glad that some outsider with no feeling for the club will come in and rebuild their shed of a ground. Of course he wouldn't like to be like Brighton, whose fans can look around every other Saturday and see a stadium that they fought to get permission for. Much better to let someone else do it ....

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I have to attend matches at Selhurst from time to time and I can't say I've noticed much of an atmosphere. As you say, a few people in the far corner waving flags doesn't exactly scream Welcome To Hell...

No, but Croydon does a pretty good job of at least looking like it.

A few years ago they even added the flames for some extra impact, those cheeky scamps.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Nice comments at the end of the piece...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"we don't begin to lose our world famous atmosphere and we get the prawn sandwich brigade turning up and claiming to be Palace fans their whole life."

2009-10 (Championship): 14,495
2010-11 (Championship): 15,351
2011-12 (Championship): 15,219
2012-13 (Promotion season): 17,280
2013-14 (Premier League): 24,375
2014-15 (Premier League): 24,421

???

Ah but the only reason palace aren't currently getting 40,000 of the world greatest fans is because of the size of the 'stadium'.

Oh wait, hang on a minute, maybe I'll come back to you once I've finessed that point.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
What's wrong with prawn sandwiches? I like prawn sandwiches. We don't all still have Jam for tea. Or maybe they do in Croydon, wouldn't surprise me.

Really? Prawn sandwiches are terrible in my opinion. They just don't really bulk out a sandwich much so you're left with a lot of bread and mayo, which isn't really all that appealing in my book. If you want to go seafood tuna with cucumber is vastly superior.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Haha these 2 clowns are part owners of The Philadelphia 76 er's.

For those that don't know the 76 ers have been asset stripped to the very bare bones.
They have been reduced to genuinely playing boys against men.
They lost the first 17 games of last season.
Most of last season there were calls for them to refund season tickets and kick them out of the league.

Kuma

*dons shades*
Aug 22, 2015
Midlands
Lmao talk about inferiority complex in this article.

muh big club
muh stadium
muh atmosphere

But can't write a piece without bringing up another club into it :clap:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

For those that don't know the 76 ers have been asset stripped to the very bare bones.
Most of last season there were calls for them to refund season tickets and kick them out of the league.

Please make it so.......

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

How much of the 76ers do they own?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How much of the 76ers do they own?

Both listed on Wiki as minority owners under Sam Hinkie.
Plus the same for the New York Devils, who also have done nothing this decade.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Brilliant.

It seems they do as much research for articles as the Argus.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009

for christ's sake SHHHHHHHHHH!

Don't mention this until AFTER they've got their share certificates in hand...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
"There have been talks of the first thing the new look board trying to do is build a 40,000 seater stadium which wouldn't be a bad thing, you do have to sit back and question what we might be coming though."

I may actually need a lie down after struggling with that particular part of the piece. Timmy could educate this goon.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
"There have been talks of the first thing the new look board trying to do is build a 40,000 seater stadium which wouldn't be a bad thing, you do have to sit back and question what we might be coming though.".

Jesus.

I recognise all of those words, but what the hell they're doing in that order is beyond me.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
....................................And still no Palace on this thread.

:tumble::tumble::tumble:

Do you think they're actually embarrassed by the piece as well?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I can never understand why Palace fans seem bothered about little old Brighton, what with them being a fantastic team in the Premier League with a world-famous atmosphere and internationals like Zaha playing for them, and us slumming it in the Championship in a flat-pack stadium full of plastic fans. Makes me feel really proud that they even remember us. Wish we had a drum, goal music and a more conveniently sited Sainsbury's like the proper clubs do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports