Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Unbelievable comments from Johnson.

He is openly lying to us. Absolute ****ing disgrace of a human being.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A lot of people, correctly, think that Brexit is not the most important problem we face and should not be the defining issue in a General Election. So the Lib Dem voters in question may just have a strong view in favour of all those other other clear policies advocated by the Lib Dems which differentiates them from Labour and the Tories. Oh. hang on...

While Anti-Brexit Brexit Party voters must just be unbelievably dim.
Of course some (not me obviously, I am a polite grown up) might be tempted to say 'that's just 'Brexit Party voters' isn't it'?

The poll was about the perception of voters of the parties stance on Brexit, rather than anything else.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
BREAKING - confirmed MPs will be able to put forward amendments to the election bill - i.e. allowing 16 and 17 year olds the vote, EU nationals, etc.

Boris has threatened to take his ball away and pull the election bill if it is in any way altered. Let’s see if he proves himself to be a colossal thundercunt once again.

Could be a gamechanger for the Green Party, especiallly on the back of the traction Greta Thunberg has got in the last year or so. I'd love to see her help the Green campaign and see how that muddies the waters.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BREAKING - confirmed MPs will be able to put forward amendments to the election bill - i.e. allowing 16 and 17 year olds the vote, EU nationals, etc.

Boris has threatened to take his ball away and pull the election bill if it is in any way altered. Let’s see if he proves himself to be a colossal thundercunt once again.

Should alter it just for lols

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Since 2010;

Spectacularly missed economic targets
Half of maternity units closed at some point last year
Teaching crisis
The biggest education funding cuts in decades
Nursing crisis
Policing crisis
Armed forces crisis
The longest fall in value of wages since records began
Windrush
Private prison crisis
Private train companies defrauding the state
Private nhs providers defrauding the state
Private academies closing shop
Waiting lists for nhs services at record levels
A/E waiting times at record highs
People dying in hospital corridors
Social care crisis
Food bank useage at record high
Increase in child poverty
Homelessness at a record high
House building at lowest levels since 1920’s

That’s the legacy of the Tory government. We were supposed to ‘all be in this together’ but austerity has seen the most vulnerable in society hit hardest whilst the already wealthy have increased their wealth thanks in part due to Tory tax breaks worth billions. So Johnson can talk big about spending all he likes but, as the old chestnut goes, actions speak louder than words.

I'm no fan of Johnson, yet despite all of that, he's still ahead of Corbyn in the polls.

All due to the Tory press I guess?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
You'll see me butt-naked, standing on the top level of Churchill Square car park singing "I believe I can Fly" before I vote Conservative.

Outdated, out of touch and quite frankly disgusting excuse for a political party right now.

Frustratingly, I live in a very safe Tory seat (the average age around here is 107) but i'll not be joining the masses.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
16 and 17 year olds right to vote is confirmed as an amendment being tabled.

Has support from across the aisle so could be an interesting one. The climate crisis situation would suggest plenty of 16/17 year olds are far more politically switched on than 90 year old Mrs Miggins who gets all her information from one newspaper.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Someone should table a “We’ll give you a Tory majority if you allow a second referendum” amendment.

Johnson would sign it within a second.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Lloyd left the Liberal Party as his consituency voted leave, though he is a remainer. so depends if he rejoins Liberals, or stands independent, which could lead to a very interesting three way vote.

My guess is he'll rejoin the Liberals and, if re-elected, resign the whip again. I wouldn't trust him to hit the ground if he fell over (trust him more than Johnson though, obviously).

Lib dems are the ONLY party for remainers. Unless in Brighton pavilion.

Or Eastbourne.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’ll have to check which is my best tactical vote but this could be the one and only time I ever voted Lib Dem.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Unbelievable comments from Johnson.

He is openly lying to us. Absolute ****ing disgrace of a human being.

Any particular lies? (I'm at work, not listening to the debate)

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Government to pull election bill if it is amended to lower voting age or allow EU nationals to vote in it. Although they apparently cannot bring forward amendments that have financial implications to them, so there may be another almighty row with the Speaker coming up too. Ho hum.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I cannot vote having been non resident for over 15 years but not sure if I get this accusation.

some warriors believe they are fighting Osborne's policies. its a testament to how strong his message was that they are so prominent in the public conscious. will be interesting if this allows a sneaky campaign to promise spending while still being perceived as keeping finances tight.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Government to pull election bill if it is amended to lower voting age or allow EU nationals to vote in it. Although they apparently cannot bring forward amendments that have financial implications to them, so there may be another almighty row with the Speaker coming up too. Ho hum.

So Boris doesn’t want Brexit or an election.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick

Has support from across the aisle so could be an interesting one. The climate crisis situation would suggest plenty of 16/17 year olds are far more politically switched on than 90 year old Mrs Miggins who gets all her information from one newspaper.

The only problem being that the electoral register is compiled during August and people were not asked about 16 and 17 year old potential voters when the forms went out so the register will be out of date. Were they be allowed to vote (and, quite frankly, I cannot see why they should as there has to be a cut off date and the age of majority seems a fair one to me) it is going to mean one hell of a lot of work compiling additional registers.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
As I mentioned on the Brexit thread, Boris will be campaigning on a manifesto of give me a majority and the Brexit deal already agreed with the EU will get done', we will finally leave he also seems to have learned the lessons from May's appaling campaign and will be making use of the magic money tree to get votes .... Lib Dems - ignore democracy/Revoke ... Labour - renegotiate a really really good third withdrawal agreement deal (taking how long?) that the EU said they won't do, then campaign against it in a second referendum and also let the SNP have one ... not a particularly coherent platform so they will be hoping their magic money forest promises will save them.

D

Deleted member 2719

I will vote Lib Dem as I am drawn to Jo Swinsons Breasts.

Take that bra off they will look similar to Widdiecombes, you'd be better off voting Brexit Party as Anne's gums beat Swinsons gnashers any day of the week.

No surprise there, that's right vote for a party with one policy and stuffed with cranks.

Do you a deal you vote for who wish to and I will vote who I wish to, they call it democracy.

A hideous idea as most of those kids have been brainwashed for the past 3 years by project fear, they have yet to experience the bullshit that's about to start from the Lib undemocratics and dangerous brothers, Corbyn and McDonnell.

Corbyn already using the 'war' term with a smug like face.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here