Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Monster Raving Looney Party

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flex Your Head

Is it possible to cancel the original poll and run it again? It would be ineresting to see whether there have been any change to the figures over the past few weeks.

NSC Poll.PNG

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Entirely disillusioned with John Major’s inept premiership (he’s only liked now, because Remainers have warmed to him), I also voted Labour in 1997. Des Turner in Kemp Town. The first thing I liked about that night was that Blair didn’t launch a bad-winner tirade against any non-Labour parts of society, into a class war. I like consensus.

Now, this country’s the exact opposite.

I don't think that there is the slightest chance I could warm to John Major, no matter what his views are. A very strange man who liked peas, launched the cones hotline and shagged Edwina over his desk whilst happily married.
A fine Prime Minister.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I could really see John Deadwood loose his seat in Wokingham. There has been so much housing built in this area as in thousands, in a true blue area the new residents may not be Tory and it showed in the last local election where an independent and labour did very well

Also it is a remain area and his has constantly voted against the will of his constituents.

Up against Dr. Philip Lee a good operator - would be great to get rid of that Deadwood Dinosaur...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't think that there is the slightest chance I could warm to John Major, no matter what his views are. A very strange man who liked peas, launched the cones hotline and shagged Edwina over his desk whilst happily married.
A fine Prime Minister.

He was a poor PM, Ken Clarke’s excellence as chancellor was the only bright spark in the term. C4 had a brilliant doc about the Major years, shortly after Blair won power. Major was prone to go into a depression if state matters weren’t going to plan, and disappear to his room for days at a time, not communicating. Absolutely nothing against anyone suffering with mental illness, but he was meant to running a country. Edwina ... shudder.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So if Bojo wins staring down a no deal Brexit 31-12-20. Christ don't they learn anything from past negotiating mistakes...

https://www.ft.com/content/060ed5ec-0ed4-11ea-a7e6-62bf4f9e548a

Please use the sharing tools found via the share button at the top or side of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email licensing@ft.com to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found at https://www.ft.com/tour.
https://www.ft.com/content/060ed5ec-0ed4-11ea-a7e6-62bf4f9e548a

“We aim to have 80 per cent of UK trade covered by free trade agreements within the next three years, starting with the USA, Australia, New Zealand and Japan,” the document states. The party suggests this would be done in parallel with EU talks.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
A fine Prime Minister.

We also have him to “thank” for allowing no win, no fee lawyers which ushered in American-style compensation culture.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So if Bojo wins staring down a no deal Brexit 31-12-20. Christ don't they learn anything from past negotiating mistakes.

Yup. Taking for granted a no deal Brexit if Johnson wins. The ERG would never have gone anywhere near Bojo The Clown’s deal if he hadn’t decided to cram 7 years of negotiations into 1 year (just like the trying to cram 8 weeks of scrutiny of his deal into 3 days in the commons).

We are well and truly ****ed if this nasty, lying, entitled and arrogant pig of a man get elected.

Having said that, the vile lying scumbag has probably let arrogance get the better of him. He should have moved himself into a much much safer seat than Uxbridge and South Ruislip. There is a lot of things happening at Brunel University to undermine the little Pinocchio man and his Tory constituents have not forgotten his disappearing act when the vote for the extra runway happened.

Uxbridge and South Ruislip Constituency:

“In 2015, Boris Johnson was selected to retain the seat; he was elected with a swing of less than 1% to Labour. However, the 2017 election saw a 13.6% increase in Labour's vote share which brought Johnson's majority down to only 5,034, less than half his 2015 margin and by far the lowest for a Conservative candidate in the area since 2001.”

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yup. Taking for granted a no deal Brexit if Johnson wins. The ERG would never have gone anywhere near Bojo The Clown’s deal if he hadn’t decided to cram 7 years of negotiations into 1 year (just like the trying to cram 8 weeks of scrutiny of his deal into 3 days in the commons).

We are well and truly ****ed if this nasty, lying, entitled and arrogant pig of a man get elected.

Having said that, the vile lying scumbag has probably let arrogance get the better of him. He should have moved himself into a much much safer seat than Uxbridge and South Ruislip. There is a lot of things happening at Brunel University to undermine the little Pinocchio man and his Tory constituents have not forgotten his disappearing act when the vote for the extra runway happened.

Uxbridge and South Ruislip Constituency:

“In 2015, Boris Johnson was selected to retain the seat; he was elected with a swing of less than 1% to Labour. However, the 2017 election saw a 13.6% increase in Labour's vote share which brought Johnson's majority down to only 5,034, less than half his 2015 margin and by far the lowest for a Conservative candidate in the area since 2001.”

We’ll probably be even more ****ed if Corbyn gets in. What a ****ing dilemma.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Meanwhile - projected majority on the rise to 80 now https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/homepage.html

It's fascinating, isn't it?

Like [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION], I can't wait for election night to see the drama, and there's sure to be a lot, unfold.

I remember that "****ing hell" moment when the exit polls were announced at the start of the 10 o'clock news in 2015.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010

Like [MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION], I can't wait for election night to see the drama, and there's sure to be a lot, unfold.

I remember that "****ing hell" moment when the exit polls were announced at the start of the 10 o'clock news in 2015.

Yep, can't wait, already planning my Thursdat night alcohol and Pringle stocks.

I've pretty much accepted that it's going to be a Tory win, possibly an outright majority, but there could
still be plenty of interesting events to keep me awake till the early hours.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Yep, can't wait, already planning my Thursdat night alcohol and Pringle stocks.

I've pretty much accepted that it's going to be a Tory win, possibly an outright majority, but there could
still be plenty of interesting events to keep me awake till the early hours.

Yes, let's all vote to leave the EU and have the yanks get a foothold into the NHS with a trade deal (why do you think Trump is cosying up to Johnson, that man cosies up to nobody unless their is something in it for him)
And end up with Boris Johnson as Prime Minister and his happy band of front benchers, Gove, Javid Mogg, Rabb, Hancock and smirking assassin Patel and with a majority.
God help the poor, the NHS and the most needy people in this country if that nasty rabble get back in.
Have you all forgotten the past 9 years already.
Can you not see that it's all bullshit yet again to suck people in with scare tactics and lies.
This country has gone totally bonkers and is full of stubborn idiots.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

I think it's all over.

1, Corbyn's won 2 debates yet the gap in the polls has got wider. The public don't like him. He's equivocated on Brexit, the broadband policy was luxury when the focus should be on necessity, other policies like renationalisation are spooking people he'll take us back to the 70s.

2. The public don't like Jo Swinson either. Chuka Umunna on QT on Thursday shows he outclasses her in every department.

3. Boris can lie on a bus, lie to the Queen, lie to his own members about raising the income tax higher rate to £80K, sit on the report about Russian interference and funding for the Tory party,lie about everything else yet because he's a cheeky chappie enough people will vote for him for him to be PM and to get us out of the EU.

Farage standing down his 300 candidates in Tory seats was massive, the Tory manifesto is slim and risk-free. It's all over. I'm surprised PaddyPower hasn't already paid out.

Last edited:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I think it's all over.

1, Corbyn's won 2 debates yet the gap in the polls has got wider. The public don't like him. He's equivocated on Brexit, the broadband policy was luxury when the focus should be on necessity, other policies like renationalisation are spooking people he'll take us back to the 70s.

2. The public don't like Jo Swinson either. Chuka Umunna on QT on Thursday shows he outclasses her in every department.

3. Boris can lie on a bus, lie to the Queen, lie to his own members about raising the income tax higher rate to £80K, sit on the report about Russian interference and funding for the Tory party,lie about everything else yet because he's a cheeky chappie enough people will vote for him for him to be PM and to get us out of the EU.

Farage standing down his 300 candidates in Tory seats was massive, the Tory manifesto is slim and risk-free. It's all over. I'm surprised PaddyPower hasn't already paid out.

I think I agree, but most of the projections seem to be based on this election being typical when compared to previous ones which we know it isn't. The only glimmer of hope I can see is if the young come out in force such as never before and vote Labour.

I'm just about ready to give up on The UK. Luckily I'm in a position to do so.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think it's all over.

I agree with every word you've said, other than I'm not smart enough to have considered the luxury/necessity angle, but I think you have something there.

It does really come down to the EU and Corbyn/Labour never committing to a firm direction (and saying "no" to everything proposed by the Tories doesn't count") until recently and, even though I personally think their approach is a sound one, for a lot of people it's too little too late.

But I still think election night is going to be interesting with a fair few shocks, in both directions, that will make for essential viewing.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think I agree, but most of the projections seem to be based on this election being typical when compared to previous ones which we know it isn't. The only glimmer of hope I can see is if the young come out in force such as never before and vote Labour.

Didn't that happen last time though? How many more teenagers can Labour find down the back of the sofa*?

(*I exclude the cheating that seems to have gone on in Plymouth where the Labour controlled council keeps accidentally registering 17-y-o as eligible to vote without their knowledge.)

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Yes, let's all vote to leave the EU and have the yanks get a foothold into the NHS with a trade deal (why do you think Trump is cosying up to Johnson, that man cosies up to nobody unless their is something in it for him)
And end up with Boris Johnson as Prime Minister and his happy band of front benchers, Gove, Javid Mogg, Rabb, Hancock and smirking assassin Patel and with a majority.
God help the poor, the NHS and the most needy people in this country if that nasty rabble get back in.
Have you all forgotten the past 9 years already.
Can you not see that it's all bullshit yet again to suck people in with scare tactics and lies.
This country has gone totally bonkers and is full of stubborn idiots.

Calm down RC, calm down, I said I thought the Tories would win, i didn't say I wanted then to.
I agree with every thing you say, the poor and those without a voice will suffer as they always do as the rich and powerful feast.
Its not what I want but its probably what we will get and it is at least partly because of the lefty extremists that have taken Labour so far left even life long Labour voters have abandoned them.
I honestly hope im wrong but I fear the worst. The Nasty party will be able to blame the poor and the sick and all the other scapegoats for all our problems as they always do. And there will be no one to speak for them if Labour is decimated.
Our only hope is a return of a moderate left of centre Labour party that can begin the long climb back to government. Hopefully the poles are wrong, we shall see.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1198607909539766272[/tweet]

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

But they won't.
The majority of children of staunch Tory voting parents will vote the same way. Its how it is and how it has always been.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here