Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
As someone who works in digital marketing, I'm strongly wondering if the Tories are trying to commit political suicide or not.

It's quite something when "the natural party of Government" has to basically lower itself to a fake news factory to stay relevant.

These stunts cause a twitter/social media storm but I doubt they really sway many voters electoral choices. It's also the case that the more people are talking about Tory online dirty tricks the less that they are focusing on Labours manifesto freebies .... :wink:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
McDonnell adamant that he has not spoken to civil servants about imposing exchange controls and also certain that the oil and gas companies will want to stay in the UK and pay their windfall taxes.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
IFS Spokesman on Politics Live: Raising 40bn from companies will make the UK one of the most punitive business tax regimes in the world.

How has letting large multinational companies get away with low taxation gone down within our economy over the last ten years or so ? Which are better off because of this, the companies or the workers and citizens of this country ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
if i read it correctly, the personal capital gains tax allowance goes. shame for anyone ever had the good fortune to invest and save.

Not many people these days have the good fortune to be able to invest and save.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
McDonnell adamant that he has not spoken to civil servants about imposing exchange controls and also certain that the oil and gas companies will want to stay in the UK and pay their windfall taxes.

probably doesnt matter, other than domestic shares and bonds, the other markets will simply leave to avoid financial transaction tax.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How will creating a punitive business tax regime encourage them to stay in the UK?

How will allowing them to continue paying little or no tax reverse the decline in funding for education, health and infrastructure ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not many people these days have the good fortune to be able to invest and save.

except for millions of pensioners. this is how they will tax the wealthy, raise money from private investments.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That could be done by changing tax loopholes, not by raising corporation tax rates and imposing windfall taxes

Big companies are always ahead of any changes to tax " loopholes" so that won't work.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I hate to say I told you so people.

30793C1E-64A5-43FC-B7DE-63DABE2EAB8F.png

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Labour manifesto could have a couple of nasty financial hits in it for me. Bit of a gamble that these could be reversed by a resurgent 1 nation Tory Party in 2024.

Still worth it though to get Mendacious Johnson and his rabble of dirty tricksters out of Downing Street.

Dividend tax up from 7.5% to 20% up to 50k total income **
Dividend tax up from 32.1% to 40% in that next band up.
Abolition of CGT annual exemption and entrepreneurs relief when retiring.
Greater income tax rate over £80k income.
Higher Corp Tax rate.

Are going to hit all the freelancers, small businessmen, one man band and husband and wife limited companies in a very big way in hard cash. Knowing many NSC’ers through pm’s etc over the years, there are an awful lot of people on NSC going to be hit hard (most from my knowledge Remainers and anti Boris).

** alone will cost a couple each earning £50k in total, from a company or two, £9,375 in additional annual income tax to quantify just one tax.

NOT a political comment, just a hard taxation fact.

People such a BBC, IT and Project Manager freelancers operating through a ltd co, earning per hour say £500 to infinity, are going to face eye watering increases in annual tax bills.

Interesting times to say the least. If elected.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Higher Corp Tax rate.

Are going to hit all the freelancers, small businessmen, one man band and husband and wife limited companies in a very big way in hard cash. Knowing many NSC’ers through pm’s etc over the years, there are an awful lot of people on NSC going to be hit hard (most from my knowledge Remainers and anti Boris).

** alone will cost a couple each earning £50k in total, from a company or two, £9,375 in additional annual income tax to quantify just one tax.

People such a BBC, IT and Project Manager freelancers through a ltd co, earning per hour say £500 to infinity, are going to face eye watering increases in annual tax bills.

How did the country cope before the cuts?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Higher Corp Tax rate.

People such a BBC, IT and Project Manager freelancers operating through a ltd co, earning per hour say £500 to infinity, are going to face eye watering increases in annual tax bills.

Good post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here