Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The furthest you have woken from home after a night on the lash?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
A friend of mine had a night out in London and caught the train back to Brighton. He remembers going through Haywards Heath, and then he fell asleep. When he came to he was going through Haywards Heath again - still on his way to Brighton...

He'd actually been asleep for a few hours. The train had turned around at Brighton, gone all the way back to London, and was heading back to Brighton again...

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
In an unlocked and empty apartment in Orlando. No idea how I got there. Last thing I could remember was being in a downtown bar, 50 miles from my hotel, couple of thousand from home. No idea who the owner was until I met back up with my travelling companion who informed me that the owner of the flat ended up being arrested after I had passed out. 48 hour hangover. The end.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I woke up under a chalet maid's bed at Butlins in Bognor once. My mate was shagging the maid in the bed and that was what woke me, she was a screamer. I was sick there and then, got up and saw that I was covered in blood (I'd fallen over climbing a fence to get in - it was a disco weekender) said goodbye to my mate and the bird, stumbled out and got the train home to Worthing. I say train, it was a replacement bus service from Barnham, the bus was baking and made me feel even iller. I've never been back to Bognor.

Wow, what a HELLRAISER you are

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Not myself, but I was once on a train to Kings Cross from Doncaster and was sat opposite a man who had been asleep for the entire time I was on the train and he was before. On the approach to Kings Cross, he woke up and asked "We're just coming into Edinburgh, right ?", you can imagine his surprise when i said - "No, your in London".

Turns out the train was a long distance service from Aberdeen. Also, how the conductor didnt check or even notice is beyond me.

Not far, but scary. I used to manage a pub in the Barbican in 1967. Went to the bank and on the way back stopped off at a friends pub. Spent the next God knows how many hours drinking vintage cider and chatting up his new barmaid - I don´t remember how I got on with barmaid but I suspect not well, because the next thing I remember was sitting on a bog (fully clothed) with no idea where I was. On the floor was a copy of the Evening Standard saying Donald Campbell had died.

When I summoned up the courage to leave the loo I found I was in the bank tube station. No idea how I got there, maybe I went back to the barmaids flat and a few hours later she left me there. Or not.

About 5 hours of my life I have no idea what happened.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Travelling from Brighton to Worthing one night dozed off and was kicked of the train at Bognor. Needless to say my Dad was not impressed when his 30 year old son who was back to visit for the weekend called him up to pick me up.. OOOps.

The other time a load of us had been on an all dayer in Brighton I decided to knock it on teh head about 9pm got back to Brighton station wanting to get to Worthing some how ended up on the Eastbourne train luckily i realised at London Road so got off and managed to get a train back to Worthing so it could've been alot worse.

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!
Got picked up by friends at 10pm on a Friday night from the Green Dragon (Sydney St) & asked if i wanted to go see The Levellers, i had nothing better to do so in i got and promptly fell asleep….woke up late Saturday morning 50 miles from Stuttgart!!

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Had an extended drinking session after a home game last season, got to bed at about 4.00 am and woke up at 8.00 am still pissed and suddenly realised my flight back to Gibraltar had been due to leave Gatwick at 7.00 am.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
This is probably one of the most enjoyable threads I have read on NSC.

I myself have fallen asleep on a train back from Three Bridges to Southwick and woke up at Worthing, luckily got a lift and have fallen asleep on a night bus from Brighton to Southwick and getting kicked off at Shoreham (Luckily it wasn't one that went all the way to Worthing) and had to walk back.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I landed in LA with a friend when back packing around the US as a student in 1990. He took us to the Venice beach hostel and we dropped our bags and went straight out to a bar. Next thing I wake up without my mate at some posh girls (dad's) house. I vaguely remember going there and partying 'till the small hours but it was all a blur....as was the location and name of the hostel. I knew it was on the beach and I ended up being driven up and down the coast until we found it.

I also got smuggled into the US without a passport across the Tijuana border on this trip as well.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
When my best friend was in the Army, based at Arborfield, we had a heavy night out in London.

He got on the Reading train, and was woken by the guard at Fishguard, South Wales.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
I went to the Zap the night before my flight to LA back in 1991 so as you can imagine I was in a proper state. I don't remember getting home, to Gatwick or boarding a plane and was woken by a concerned passenger who wanted to call a doctor about two hours from landing. I literally had no idea where i was which was a bit tricky :D

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
First night on holiday in Corfu I went out and got hammered. Woke up in a strange house halfway up a mountain and couldn't remember the name of the hotel I was staying at or even the name of the town it was in. Now that was a long day.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Ibiza. Possibly not a great distance as the crow flies, but I walked solidly for six hours until I gave up hope and flagged down a chico, a carpenter, who delivered me home. Not before I climbed on a school bus and taken a taxi to the wrong place.

I awoke in the garden of the place I was staying with a salt seller and a squash ball. It was drug free.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Night out in Finsbury Park, then home to Enfield in relatively nearby North London...

....via Cambridgeshire and a night on a village station bench. Then work at 9am!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here