Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Five Clarifications

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I would love to know how they explain they Lenglet handball. How is it different to when someone hits the ball with their arm in the air from a corner? Arm shouldn’t be there. It is insane.
Presuming VAR reviewed it im perplexed at how that could not be given as handball.
What other explanation could it be other than he handballed it?
Genuine question

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
Even if that's the case I think making a fuss will help our cause in the future. Its what the big 6 do.

Lots of talk about unconscious bias on the other thread. This might tip a bit back in our favour.
Well yes, but then VAR give us a dodgy decision in the future, and the opponents will be saying we got the decision because VAR are trying to even things up a bit...
I believe VAR have dug themselves into a big hole, and unfortunately we are being dragged into it with them.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Knickers all straight - I didn't understand why you were saying yours first, I thought it went without saying, and got the impression you thought I was saying otherwise. Presumably you were just pointing out the obvious (that's not meant to sound offensive) in a friendly way, rather than because you thought I thought otherwise.

:drink::shootself
Trigg i think we are on the same side 👍
Spot on
PS i was saying it all with a smile on my face…i should have made that more clear

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Going by the list previously supplied, whilst seeing the flaws in it, City/Spurs have had the 2nd and third worst VAR luck this season, I can't recall heads rolling after any of those games.
That's why the VAR list is pointless in this discussion - it doesn't show when decisions have gone against you like happened on Saturday. Instead it just shows what VAR has done. You don't seem to have grasped what that list means or what happened on Saturday.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The key point about the explanations is that they contradict each other.

Mitoma's goal -Decison: Doesn't overrule onfield decision -
PGMOL: "not enough evidence to overrule the onfield decision."
Club: "Really?, looks quite clear, ok so how about MacAllister's goal?

Decison:- VAR Overrules the onfield decision -
Club: " So there's less evidence here to overrule, why did you?" -
PGMOL: "err...."
Club: "Ok we'll give you a few minutes, how about the Lenglet handball?"

Decision: - VAR does not overrule again.
PGMOL - "Accidental - no real advantage gained - understandable his hand was there"
Club: "Don't agree, but if that's the case, how about the Dunk penalty? Two hands pulling the player's shirt impeding him getting to the ball? "

Decison - VAR didn't intervene
PGMOL: "errr..."
Club: " Nothing?? Ok then, Oh but thanks for apologising for the Mitoma penalty, as if that was the only thing that happened. Classy of you."

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
That's why the VAR list is pointless in this discussion - it doesn't show when decisions have gone against you like happened on Saturday. Instead it just shows what VAR has done. You don't seem to have grasped what that list means or what happened on Saturday.
This!
The biggest problem with VAR this season is sticking with onfield decisions that are wrong.
This is probably due to Webb's "High Bar" in principal this is a good idea, but in reality it is shining more of a light on how poor and weak Premier League refs are.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Club are subtly reminding everyone that they haven't forgotten. Best view I've seen of the Spurs handball too.

Edit: I'm a doofus and I see this was posted on page one of this thread. Oh well, it's a reminder for anyone too lazy to read the whole thing!!

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
You are struggling with the idea heads haven't rolled for the majority of poor VAR decisions, yet keep on repeating it as fact, when it's fair from it.

There is nothing to back up this stance you have.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Going by the list previously supplied, whilst seeing the flaws in it, City/Spurs have had the 2nd and third worst VAR luck this season, I can't recall heads rolling after any of those games.
How many official apologies have Spurs received where PGMOL have admitted the mistakes?

This isn't just VAR luck, this is incompetence, acknowledged incompetence.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mitoma's goal -Decison: Doesn't overrule onfield decision -
PGMOL: "not enough evidence to overrule the onfield decision."
Club: "Really?, looks quite clear, ok so how about MacAllister's goal?

Decison:- VAR Overrules the onfield decision -
Club: " So there's less evidence here to overrule, why did you?" -
PGMOL: "err...."

Exactly. Either both goals stand, because you can't see either are handball, or there's not enough evidence to overrule, in which case only the MacAllister goal stands.

Club: "Ok we'll give you a few minutes, how about the Lenglet handball?"

Decision: - VAR does not overrule again.
PGMOL - "Accidental - no real advantage gained - understandable his hand was there"

I realise that you're only playing devils advocate of what crap the PGMOL might say, but I still can't just ignore it :laugh:
That's a stonewall penalty. When a defender's arm is up and touches the ball that's come in from a corner, it's a penalty - always - it doesn't matter if the ball is sailing out of harms way. Commentators (and fans) then all agree that it was really stupid to put his arm up, and that it's a clear penalty. This is no different. It makes no difference where the ball was going.

Club: "Don't agree
I'd hope the wording is somewhat stronger than that. The decision was not debatable, it was wrong.

but if that's the case, how about the Dunk penalty?

That should have been a penalty, but IMO it's not as stonewall as the other two. He pulled Dunks shirt with 2 hands, so it should have been given. I could understand some room for argument that there wasn't much force and Dunk didn't have to go down blah blah. I think they're wrong (if that's the argument) but I can see that it's an argument to be had, whereas there is literally nothing to say for the others, other than 'we got them all wrong and Salisbury has been fired'.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You are struggling with the idea heads haven't rolled for the majority of poor VAR decisions, yet keep on repeating it as fact, when it's fair from it.

Could you show where I have repeatedly said that heads haven't rolled for the poor decisions? I know one rolled for the decision against us at Palace.

What I have said is that if what happened at WHL had been against a big club, heads would be rolling.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Who exactly are you accusing of being obsessive?

The fans? That's what fans do and you come onto Nsc to complain?

The club? The club have every right to ask why, when they've received three official apologies for mistakes made by referees and/or VAR

The chairman and Chief Exec, who are being denied millions of pounds of revenue?

The manager, who has been barred from the touchline for the antics of his staff, and could face one or two of his world cup stars leaving us in the summer?
Im not over it, and I wont be until decisive action is taken to deal with such incomptence and put in place structures to ensure this cant keep happening repeatedly as it is.

As others have said, it isnt about losing one game, it isnt even about getting european football, as we may well not do now, the ramifications of players in/out are massive.

We could have Man City win the league by a point or on G/D because VAR missed an obvious offside by looking too long at something else and we could miss out on Europe and lose our best players because a VAR official cant draw lines in right places or see absolute stone wall penalties with the best technology available.

PL champions and european places (with all remifications), ultimately decided by incompetent officials.

We cant change whats done, but everyone must draw a line in the sand and insist on proper action, sorry doesnt cut it, moving on is to kick can down the road and accept this bullshit in perpetuity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here