The first trailer from the movie event of the DECADE

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
got 30 seconds into trailer before got bored so god knows how bad the film will be

Not my cup of tea

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
got 30 seconds into trailer before got bored so god knows how bad the film will be

Not my cup of tea

This. 42 seconds.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I tried to watch that but the schmaltz meter was going off the scale.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ah well. Each to their own. I think it will amazing you hard hearts.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm going to the see the theatre production in a couple of weeks, which is apparently as incredible as the book itself.

My assumption is that Spielberg will probably make a total pigs ear of it although I hope I'm wrong, but I'll certainly be astonished if it isn't by far the worst adaptation of the three mediums.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
There's a horse in the field near where I live, honest, I might go and have a look at it later.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm going to the see the theatre production in a couple of weeks, which is apparently as incredible as the book itself.

My assumption is that Spielberg will probably make a total pigs ear of it although I hope I'm wrong, but I'll certainly be astonished if it isn't by far the worst adaptation of the three mediums.

I think there is a decent chance Spielberg will make a great film from it. Here's hoping and by the way I don't bite anymore, the new me.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
what did you think of Falling Skies US? I thought it was abit poo!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

How far in advance did you book your tickets? (National Theatre I presume). Hard tickets to get - although the £15 restricted view ones are a bargain.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not seen it Marc. Super 8 about to be released is produced with Spielberg with some Spielberg touches ala Poltergeist although made by Tobe Hooper and Spielberg as producer anyone that follows Spielberg's work knows that was his film all over. I have high hopes for War Horse.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
I'm looking forward to this but bearing in mind we're only just into this current decade, surely there'll be more significant film 'events' in the next eight or nine years?

ps - liked Milton Jones's comment on Mock The Week - 'My favourite film of all time is the french movie, 'And'. It was released over here as 'ET'.'

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think the filming looks stunning. Anyway I guess I set myself declaring it the Film of the decade so the thread is taking a predictable turn now. We will see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here