[Albion] The first Albion player you remember watching

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull Stew

Neil Smillie. The blonde curly haired left winger against Southampton, boxing day 1982.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Throwing my scarf into the eaves of the south stand, eleven years old, transported to a world of wonder.
Ha that’s it. We were in the South Stand too. About five rows from the back level with the left goal post as you looked out on that stunning green pitch. And the noise and melees at corners was amazing for a seven year old me. Loved every second of it!
And I just remembered my first rattle - bloody heavy thing, never worked properly, can you imagine the security blokes if you turned up with one now 😃😃

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The player who stood out for me in my first ever game watching the Albion, was Danny Wilson, scored a couple of goals, one from the penalty spot, and absolutely ran our midfield, in a 4-1 win.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Technically probably Brian Powney as he used to come to the 30th Brighton Cub Fetes and us youngsters could take penalties against him. Dave Turner is probably the accurate answer, but another day I might say Charlie Livesey. I think both were slightly before Kit Napier.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Jimmys gonna get ya Case.

Also the Welsh wizard, Kurt Nogan and who’s pinched my brill cream Jeff Minton.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Didn't know much of what was going on but I was intrigued by the crowd keep going on about Nobby. Given that it turns out the game contained Foster, Ward, O'Sullivan, Stevens and a certain A. Ball, it ain't much of an anecdote but there you go.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Towner, Mellor etc

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Johnny 'Granny' Goodchild
Dave Turner
Jack Bertolini
Brian Powney
Kit Napier
Bobby Smith
Mel Hopkins

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Alex Dawson for me but remembering Charlie Liversey enables me to plot my first year watching as '68 Blue Shirts white sleeves.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Jack Bertolini - I was intrigued by his name which, at the tender age of 5 sounded impossibly exotic

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The player who stood out for me in my first ever game watching the Albion, was Danny Wilson, scored a couple of goals, one from the penalty spot, and absolutely ran our midfield, in a 4-1 win.
I'm going for Carlisle United, February 1985

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports