Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The first Albion player you remember watching

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Standout player from Albion vs Palace in my first game was Harry Wilson who had media darling of the time Peter Taylor in his pocket. Was never as good again :lolol:

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Kit Napier for me, too.
The bubble burst a bit though when I actually met him, and saw all the nicotine stains on his fingers. Yuck.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The blonde, flowing locks of Spearritt and the aggressive running of Bridges in the blue shorts with white piping.....just a few feet away from me and my wooden stool in the West.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Kit Napier for me, too.
The bubble burst a bit though when I actually met him, and saw all the nicotine stains on his fingers. Yuck.
“Dont forget your handbag Kit” I can remember some old wag shouting.
Totally unacceptable 😅

Last edited:

Seagull on the Hill

Jan 22, 2022
Mine was Roy Jennings in 1958, brute of a centre half. Not our most elegant player at that time, but he stands out for me.
There were many other great players in that team of the late 50's but I was a young kid and Roy hitting the crossbar with a penalty sticks in my memory.
Who were yours ?
Roy Jennings for me too, in 1962.
Goalkeeper was Bert McGonagle, struggling to remember others.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
My first game at home to Hull, 1977 - so I probably don't need to name him. 1-0 down, he scored. And then he scored again. Obviously he was the only player I remember from the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here