The First 20 minutes v Blackburn

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
The guy behind me was literally spunking himself every touch Vicente had.... a bit much in the family stand!

The guy 2 behind me kept spunking himself. Took ages to wash it out.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
And yet, there are posts on NSC today criticising Gus's choice of starting 11 :facepalm:

Well it's all a matter of opinion isn't it.

My opinion is those people criticising don't have a clue what they're talking about, but hey, that's just my opinion

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The guy behind me was literally spunking himself every touch Vicente had.... a bit much in the family stand!
Fingers crossed there was more than one of us doing that, so it's not Necessarily addressed to me.
But if it is...

...Sorry, what else can I say?

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Fingers crossed there was more than one of us doing that, so it's not Necessarily addressed to me.
But if it is...

...Sorry, what else can I say?

helen-lovejoy.jpg

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Agree with comments, I am in my 50th year of support and that was as good as I have seen, although the idiot who sits behind me in the 1901 club, came out with the immortal comments of 'Bridcutt you are effing useless when are you going to start playing this season' and then with the same logic when being substitued ' Buckey F off you are a effing C###' nice, lucky I have not been sitting in front of him for 50 years.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Best I have ever seen us play - hopefully we'll play more like that for the rest of the season. Usually we are really negative, which I do not find entertaining, but since Gus knows we need to win games he has decided to be more positive for the rest of the season and I am very much looking forward to the remaining games.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
From 13th min to past the 18thmin Blackburn didn't have the ball under control once. they touched the ball a couple of times but not under control.

over 5 minutes of true class in 20mins of brilliance.

I loved it.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Agree with comments, I am in my 50th year of support and that was as good as I have seen, although the idiot who sits behind me in the 1901 club, came out with the immortal comments of 'Bridcutt you are effing useless when are you going to start playing this season' and then with the same logic when being substitued ' Buckey F off you are a effing C###' nice, lucky I have not been sitting in front of him for 50 years.

Words fail me and so does my brain sometimes. I dont understand how can someone say things like that with a straight face? This is why there should be snipers on the roof taking idiots like that out with silenced rounds, followed by a rather polite steward

'i am sorry sir would you mind awfully if we removed this body, he seems to have proved he was a footballing dinosaur so Tony had him killed. Sorry about the mess, please enjoy the game'.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
Last night for 20 minutes Brighton played the best football I have ever seen a Brighton side play in 39 years of watching them , I know we didn't score in those 20 mins after having around 10 shots on target but for those 20 minutes last night I was living the dream , BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL SEXY FOOTBALL AT IT'S BEST
:albion2::albion2::albion2:

And then Hoskins got stretchered off

Still think we need to get it into the goalmouth quicker - some fantastic inter passing played out in front of the West Stand by touchline - but opportunities to hurt Blackburn were scorned because we want to play the perfect pass.

You just had to laugh at the Blackburn goal when it came as it was the first time they had touched the ball in about 15 minutes - bloody typical.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Last night for 20 minutes Brighton played the best football I have ever seen a Brighton side play in 39 years of watching them , I know we didn't score in those 20 mins after having around 10 shots on target but for those 20 minutes last night I was living the dream , BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL SEXY FOOTBALL AT IT'S BEST
:albion2::albion2::albion2:

Let me break it to you , the game lasts 90 minutes and the aim of it is to win the damn thing ta

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Let me break it to you , the game lasts 90 minutes and the aim of it is to win the damn thing ta

Don't you dare poison this thread you palace filth :lolol:

Let me break this to you a season is 46 games long not being top of the table after 15 games giving it the BIG-UN:thumbsup:

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
It really was amazing to watch.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can't believe that , I said to my dad before the game yesterday that the starting 11 tonight was the best to have started a game at the Amex yet
Believe it:
This could be the nail that has had its head bashed,.... I believe the 'tinkerman' tag is appropriate here, I think he has had a good enough squad this season, and he should be applauded for attracting them into the Albion,... but... his consistent chopping and changing is not helping one bit,... I was for example, staggered to see Spanish Dave and Orlandi benched last night, it didnt seem to have any logic behind it. Make way for the dagger by all means, but why bench both of them after what I saw as a very decent performance against Hull.

Football fans (as a breed) seem to think they know more than the manager of their team. Despite the fact that the manager is an expert that has worked in football every day for decades, who on a stonking fat wage, and who works with the players in training every week, who studies the opposition, and knows whether any of his players are carrying a niggle or not 100% fit, football fans think they know more.

Of course no manager will ever be perfect. And of course we know that it was a mistake not to keep Murray, but that's with hindsight - at the time I was disappointed Murray wasn't staying, but when I found out we were getting CMS I thought it was a good swap, and one year later I was still happy with the swap, as Murray's form last season was poor. But now all these bloody experts come out saying how stupid it was to lose Murray and how poor all these other decisions were. Remind me which manager we should have instead?

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
For those 20 minutes I sat on the edge of my seat like a 5 year old child watching his first magic show then on the 23rd minute when Blackburn scored It felt like I had grown up again and was watching Paul Daniels :dunce:

Ha ha ha absolutely. Was amazing the first twenty and again at points in the second half. Brilliant football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports