Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The First 20 minutes v Blackburn

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Last night for 20 minutes Brighton played the best football I have ever seen a Brighton side play in 39 years of watching them , I know we didn't score in those 20 mins after having around 10 shots on target but for those 20 minutes last night I was living the dream , BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL SEXY FOOTBALL AT IT'S BEST
:albion2::albion2::albion2:

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
It was just fantastic football to watch.

We just need to start converting chances otherwise it counts for nothing, though.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
You could sense that there was a lot of people who felt the same. Honestly, a bit like watching Barcelona (no I'm not joking).

f*** whether we scored or not. On another day we'd have got 4. Goals will come. The encouraging thing for me is that we're capable of playing like that. Totally and utterly dominating an ex-prem team and making them look silly.

I don't think I've ever seen a Brighton team look that good.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Last night for 20 minutes Brighton played the best football I have ever seen a Brighton side play in 39 years of watching them , I know we didn't score in those 20 mins after having around 10 shots on target but for those 20 minutes last night I was living the dream , BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL SEXY FOOTBALL AT IT'S BEST

54 years for me and I have never seen an Albion side play better football. I was shaking my head in disbelief and laughing with sheer pleasure.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
54 years for me and I have never seen an Albion side play better football. I was shaking my head in disbelief and laughing with sheer pleasure.

You are 16 years more qualified than me but I certainly can't remember a Brighton team EVER being quite so attackingly dangerous and being quite so dominant. Neither have I ever witnessed anyone nearly as good as Vicente play for us.
I could have sat through hours and hours of that performance..........

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Wonderful stuff.

Took a Wimbledon fan for her first 'All the fun of the flair' Brighton experience last night, she lent over to me and said "why dont Blackburn tackle? I replied proudly "They can't".

Last edited:

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
They truly were a joy to watch. Fluid pass/move and at a great tempo. Shame that all-important goal didn't come but bodes well for the future. I hope we can continue in the same style for the rest of the season

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
.... and yet how typical of us that we were a goal down by 23 minutes :( Sums up the season really. I just laughed out loud when the goal went in, it was just so ridiculous! A similar laugh to when we played Dag & Red in 2011, at home, they were in the relegation zone, we were flying and a win would get us promoted, lots of hope and expectation... and we were a goal down in seconds.. sometimes you realise that there really is a God and that he hates us!!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It was very similar to the football we played for 95 minutes against Bolton.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Wonderful stuff.

Took a Wimbledon fan for her first 'All the fun of the flair' Brighton experience last night, she lent over to me and said "why dont Blackburn tackle? I replied proudly "They can't".

:clap:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
For those 20 minutes I sat on the edge of my seat like a 5 year old child watching his first magic show then on the 23rd minute when Blackburn scored It felt like I had grown up again and was watching Paul Daniels :dunce:

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
There was a spell for literally about five or six minutes where Blackburn just didn't touch the ball, not once. It wasn't just triangles between keeper and centre backs, it was probing left and right, big 50 yard switches from flank to flank, interchange with forwards and midfield, I just sat there with my mouth open in absolute awe of it. The moaners will inevitably spin it that for all the possession and beautiful build up play there was no end product, but it was incredible to watch and proof, if ever we needed it, that we're going in the right direction. Vicente was an absolute joy to watch, and on another day Ulloa at the far post (blocked) or Hammond either time in the space of a minute (hit the keeper without him knowing much about it, then straight at him) would have buried those chances and we're 2-0 or 3-0 up before half time. Glorious scenes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Last night for 20 minutes Brighton played the best football I have ever seen a Brighton side play in 39 years of watching them
Here Here i thought that was the best 20 minutes i had ever seen too
The best I've seen.
I don't think I've ever seen a Brighton team look that good.
54 years for me and I have never seen an Albion side play better football.
You are 16 years more qualified than me but I certainly can't remember a Brighton team EVER being quite so attackingly dangerous and being quite so dominant.

And yet, there are posts on NSC today criticising Gus's choice of starting 11 :facepalm:

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield

I turned to my son and said " this is unbelievable". It was breathtaking.

Been watching the Albion for more than 30 years & I concur with the previous posters.

Only niggle is that we are too elaborate at times, let the opposition come back in defence & hence we don't create those scoring moments.

As a spectacle it was poetic until they scored!

Wish we could interchange the sexy football with some grit at times. That would really do the opposition heads in!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here