Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The FFP smokescreen

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It does seem that every comment about spending money on players is linked to FFP, not sure I've seen quotes or heard comments about the reason we are not spending money on players is because the club now has to be self financing. It's a less controversial thing to claim it's all about FFP rather than TB coming out and saying "that's your lot from me on player budgets"

Either way, the gravy train is at a standstill, and some can't accept it.

Appears as this moment in time to be at a standstill, because we have not bought in a loan striker YET.

As we have not got one, some people are making some very wild assumptions eg there is no more money. Whereas, the club are quoted in the Argus in the last week as looking at signing 2 loan strikers. So is the club blustering or sincere?? Could there be anything in these assumptions? We will be a little nearer to finding out by the end of the loan window I suppose.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I am happy for the club to be run on a sound financial footing but I would like someone to explain where the money is going. If we are not actually paying TB back for the stadium investment. (Maybe we are but it is not publicised) where is all our income being spent?

Apart from the premiership parachute clubs, we must have the highest income of the rest but are expecting to lose £5 million this year? Is this because of the continued investment to increase capacity to 30k? or just poor financial planning? Anyone care to explain ?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Failure to invest in the team and that means right now will mean the newcomers will drift away when yet another increase to prices for next season is announced with more travel tax as well.

That about sums it up for me. If there is another price hike next season, god knows what the impact on our season ticket sales will be like if our season is over by March and the lack of investment on the pitch is evident.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I swear some fans would rather be back at Withdean in div 3.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I swear some fans would rather be back at Withdean in div 3.
and what do you think they'll be moaning about as each new stadium is opened?

f**kin idiots

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
How do the FFP rules apply to QPR? If at all

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A smokescreen for what? TB has said that he wants the club to be self-financing. FFP has come along that means that every club should be self-financing. Where is the smokescreen?

Name me clubs that are self financing...that is the whole idea of FFP...because no one is self financing
Do

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
FFP is NOT an excuse for not spending money. FFP means that we have to spend our money WISELY. The two things are very different.

There are various issues around this that we can ask questions about, like where is all the club's income being spent and why have we not signed a loan striker yet, for example.

But my interpretation of the OP's post is that he thinks we as a club should be spending way in excess of our means in an attempt to get the Prem league. In other words, TB should get his hand in his pocket AGAIN.

Or not at all :shrug: Like Algie said, we will have plenty of fans who will become disillusioned by the quality of football/players compared to the financial outlay. People will find a way to make the £££'s stretch if they are getting value for money, but if the're getting served crap at a premium rate it will become an easier choice for some.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The amount of entitlement on NSC these days is sickening. We used to scorn the fans of teams like Pompey and Leeds for believing they had an unassailable right to be higher up the league pyramid and now most of you have fallen in to the exact same trap.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
I honestly think that is true, they are angry they have to share their club with more people,

Im not at all angry that we have more fans and I love the AMEX and TB as he made the dream come true. However Im angry with Barber talking out of his arse when fans are forking out ridiculous sums of money to go to games and Barber sits in his Executive Box. I want to know where all the income is going and imo that is a fair question which deserves answering.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But surely that's the problem - people want more than what their money will actually pay for.
while assuming the millions of pounds shortfall will will just be picked up by someone else.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Im not at all angry that we have more fans and I love the AMEX and TB as he made the dream come true. However Im angry with Barber talking out of his arse when fans are forking out ridiculous sums of money to go to games and Barber sits in his Executive Box. I want to know where all the income is going and imo that is a fair question which deserves answering.

The club accounts are freely available and have been dissected on here (have a search)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here