Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The fella who "invaded" the pitch

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Carting him off seemed a bit harsh.

In the aftermath I would have just booted him out and told him not to be so silly, in future.

No names no pack drill.

:lolol:

:rolleyes:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That was hilarious, ran on to get selfie with Chelsea player, had his phone knocked out of his hand so no selfie and then dragged off (without his phone!) with the East stand shouting winker, winker at him. Gutted mate!

East Stand shouting ? After the final whistle? :lolol::lolol:

johanngull

Jul 8, 2015
Im no lawyer but i think there is a very good case he'll have any ban wiped out. I agree the stewards need to apply some common sense here. Im not saying they should necessarily but could the stewards of stopped this anyway before he got on the pitch?

In fairness though, if that was me i would be sharing that with everyone i knew including potential angry parents with the tag line
"scoring against Chelsea, that's me that is!"

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I'm not one to excuse pitch invasions but I hope the bloke who was removed following his jump onto the pitch when we scored is treated leniently. Webster ran straight up to him, the bloke just couldn't contain himself and jumped onto Webster and immediately seemed to regret it. Seemed a bit harsh to march him off. I hope he was given a quiet word and no more.

Hopefully common sense will prevail. Would be very harsh to get a ban for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Hopefully common sense will prevail. Would be very harsh to get a ban for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Pitch invaders face bans and police action

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2453808

Judging by this statement it looks like common sense has left the building and he's got a life ban and off a gulag in the salt mines. I know they are monitored by why didn't the stewards just bundle him back into the crowd. The least malicious 'pitch invasion' you will see and almost looks like he was pushed too.

FREE THE WEBSTER ONE!

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Club statement this morning:

Having seen a worrying trend of pitch invaders at recent games, we take this opportunity to remind all fans that we have a zero-tolerance approach to ANY supporters attempting to come onto the pitch at home and away matches.

The club takes the safety of supporters, players and staff extremely seriously, and those who come onto the pitch for any reason will be subject to indefinite club bans. They are also reminded it is a criminal offence, and therefore will also face potential police and court action.
Having seen several incursions, during and at the end of the matches against Crystal Palace on Friday and Chelsea on Tuesday, we can confirm each of the perpetrators has now been identified, arrested and each is now subject to further police action.

Seems a bit excessive if the chap celebrating Webster's goal was arrested and given an indefinite ban.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I’m hoping the fact that it covers both last night and the CP game that common sense will indeed prevail but I suspect PB won’t want to highlight that - perhaps if anyone on NSC knows the guy we may in the end find out. It would be VERY harsh if he was banned for that imo

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
"The club takes the safety of supporters, players and staff extremely seriously"

Apart from after the Palace game and for those kettled into the inadequate 'enhanced trains during a pandemic

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
There was a second pitch invader at the end of the game, out of the East Stand. A 'proper' one running on the pitch. Hopefully the police are only interested in him and not the over excited bloke in the front row

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I'm not one to excuse pitch invasions but I hope the bloke who was removed following his jump onto the pitch when we scored is treated leniently. Webster ran straight up to him, the bloke just couldn't contain himself and jumped onto Webster and immediately seemed to regret it. Seemed a bit harsh to march him off. I hope he was given a quiet word and no more.

He was pushed (accidentally) by those behind him and he was immediately apologetic to the stewards from what I saw.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Reading that, we are one step away from an announcement by the club along the lines of post war East Germany style £5 voucher to spend in the Club shop. This is if you provide evidence that a mate has borrowed a Season ticket without My Albion fleece membership.

Life ban and arrested for that? Have a day off.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Barber leading the usual clamp down on exuberant fans.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Life time ban for the offender.
Ten year ban for his accomplice.

Or just quietly let it go away

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Club statement this morning:

Having seen a worrying trend of pitch invaders at recent games, we take this opportunity to remind all fans that we have a zero-tolerance approach to ANY supporters attempting to come onto the pitch at home and away matches.

The club takes the safety of supporters, players and staff extremely seriously, and those who come onto the pitch for any reason will be subject to indefinite club bans. They are also reminded it is a criminal offence, and therefore will also face potential police and court action.
Having seen several incursions, during and at the end of the matches against Crystal Palace on Friday and Chelsea on Tuesday, we can confirm each of the perpetrators has now been identified, arrested and each is now subject to further police action.

Seems a bit excessive if the chap celebrating Webster's goal was arrested and given an indefinite ban.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

I'm no lawyer, but has anybody ever tried to challenge this in court? For example, by showing the 20,000 people on the pitch when we got promoted? Surely they can't say 'that's different, it was a big celebration'. Where is the line? Where does the celebration become big enough to be acceptable?

If I got a long ban for doing what that guy did last night, I don't think I'd ever go to the Amex again. That would be it, elite football would be officially dead to me.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
That is the most ridiculous statement from PB. If that lad gets a ban I really do think a petition should be started

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Poor kid. Feel sorry for him. Not allowed passion these days.
strongly agree not allowed on pitch , i think that lad is 14-15 , and looked petrified with his hands in a surrender position .
Stewards should/could have noticed his youth and not treated him so roughly .
As a youngster at the goldstone i used to invade the pitch as a matter of course , surprised i didnt do it at half time as well

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Normally have no sympathy with pitch invaders but that is lunacy. Especially when, for the first time in my sheltered life, I saw several men old enough to know better (and judging by their demeanour, accents and direction when arriving at the stadium, Chelsea fans) snorting Coke on the walk from The Bridge. Also no mention of the Does your Boyfriend chant from their end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here