Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Fall - Season 2: Thursday BBC2 @ 9pm

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
Flippin' love this programme.

Love how we can really try and get to know the killer's character and try and get into his mind and why he does what he does.

Anderson looks insanely hot in this, a milf to say the list. Oh and she acts well in it too.

Haven't seen tonight's episode as I didn't get in in time :(. Just waiting for it to be put on iplayer, could be a few hours though.

EDIT- Just been put on now. GET IN. Can't wait to read the rest of the thread and see all your thoughts.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
The Fall - BBC2 Monday nights

Why walk into the police station? Why not just drive around for a bit and say you went

Because someone would have recognised him & daughter from the CCTV park footage, then the polis would've been round, then his missus would know he was lying and tell them he was.

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
I'm at a bit of a loss what to say.

I really 'enjoyed' the series, I thought the tension was superb, and then it ended :shrug:

I have my doubts the exact same scenario will be able to just pick it up again.

This.???

There is another series, surely?

If there is another series, got a funny feeling he'll kill his family...:nono:

He's a creepy, ****ed up character though, well portrayed but the unknown to me who plays him.

If the killer hadn't of f*cked up his most recent kill attempt, GA will still have absolutely NOTHING to go on, she got lucky and will probably + eventually crack the egg, even though she shouldn't have done, this guy is a pro and one bad night will eventually cost him. Especially now that the victim regained consciousness, she'll be able to identify him as he took off his mask (like all of his kills).

Also, the 15 year old girl is f*cking weird, so creepy and although she isn't in it that much (just the odd scene each episode), her scenes are still cringey and boring, an un needed character really.

Overall though, great series and superb acting by all, looking forward to future series (which there surely must be...?!)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The "to be continued..." bit at the end suggested it may be on again sometime not too far from now. Another 5 episodes with it all being pieced together and the last 2 probably tracking him to Scotland. He cannot resist the urge to do it again, so i would think the women of Ayrshire ought be careful that no scaffolding remains outside their homes.

A jolly good temporary climax. It's vital the two leads get to talk at least once and the conversation was suitably passionate. I enjoyed it.

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
The "to be continued..." bit at the end suggested it may be on again sometime not too far from now. Another 5 episodes with it all being pieced together and the last 2 probably tracking him to Scotland. He cannot resist the urge to do it again, so i would think the women of Ayrshire ought be careful that no scaffolding remains outside their homes.

A jolly good temporary climax. It's vital the two leads get to talk at least once and the conversation was suitably passionate. I enjoyed it.

Didn't see that glad there will DEFO be another series, to end it like that would be f*cked me off for life.

When will the next series be to you think? Same time next year or perhaps near Xmas?!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Didn't see that glad there will DEFO be another series, to end it like that would be f*cked me off for life.

When will the next series be to you think? Same time next year or perhaps near Xmas?!

I reckon it won't be horribly far off. They would have filmed it all in one go, so if this and the second set prove popular enough they'll need to find out if Gillian Anderson wants to continue with it again sometime. Also we can't hang on to the detail of just a 5-episoder forever and remain thrilled enough with thoughts of the follow-up so i would think sometime later this year when winter begins to set in. That's just a not greatly reasoned guess though. I'd hope it's not terribly far off. The power-battle has an obvious ending in ways, but there should be blood, carnage and heartbreak on the way.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
They wouldn't have filmed it all in one go as the second series was only commissioned last week, or the week before.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Very good TV. However now I fear in a few years I'm going to be watching series seven of this and just say FFS I can't be bothered to watch series eight which would be disappointing as it would inevitably jump the shark.

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
The Fall - BBC2 Monday nights

Bbc breakfast doing a piece about programmes being filmed in Northern Ireland, and season 2 of the fall was mentioned as being filmed later this year. Happy days.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This.???

There is another series, surely?

If there is another series, got a funny feeling he'll kill his family...:nono:

He's a creepy, ****ed up character though, well portrayed but the unknown to me who plays him.

If the killer hadn't of f*cked up his most recent kill attempt, GA will still have absolutely NOTHING to go on, she got lucky and will probably + eventually crack the egg, even though she shouldn't have done, this guy is a pro and one bad night will eventually cost him. Especially now that the victim regained consciousness, she'll be able to identify him as he took off his mask (like all of his kills).

Also, the 15 year old girl is f*cking weird, so creepy and although she isn't in it that much (just the odd scene each episode), her scenes are still cringey and boring, an un needed character really.

Overall though, great series and superb acting by all, looking forward to future series (which there surely must be...?!)

They have him.

Other copper, the one piecing the other crime together, would have chummy nicked inside 30 secs.

- Hand writing
- CCTV
- DNA
- Photofit
- Location, he started the disturbance.

They are going to have to go some way to expand the character for another x amount of episodes.
As said I hope we don't go into shark jumping territory.

It felt like they've done the American thing.
Filmed 2 ending, 1 to the (obvious) conclusion and 1 to celebrate the fact they've been recommissioned, without knowing how they can expand the story into another 4 hours. (the 5th hour writes itself).

There's only one teeny weeny problem with that:-

IT NEVER EVER WORKS. :rant:

Last edited:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
They have him.

Other copper, the one piecing the other crime together, would have chummy nicked inside 30 secs.

- Hand writing
- CCTV
- DNA
- Photofit
- Location, he started the disturbance.

They are going to have to go some way to expand the character for another x amount of episodes.
As said I hope we don't go into shark jumping territory.

It felt like they've done the American thing.
Filmed 2 ending, 1 to the (obvious) conclusion and 1 to celebrate the fact they've been recommissioned, without knowing how they can expand the story into another 4 hours. (the 5th hour writes itself).

There's only one teeny weeny problem with that:-

IT NEVER EVER WORKS. :rant:

Yeah, I felt that.
The town he was running in at the end didn't look too much like a Scottish village either, just an extra scene they never used.
I'm happy for it to come back though.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I thought it was a brilliant series, I'm just not sure how they will stretch it out for another series.

It's freaked me out whenever I'm home alone now though!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Only watched the last episode last night as we had been away.
Bit disappointed that the story didn't end with the bad bugger being caught and a new series beginning with a new story.Enjoyed it overall and whilst G.A. looked lovely,she didn't actually do any work did she!
Let us hope the next series isn't a letdown.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Hmm, bit disappointed. Ep 3 was a corker, this one seemed hastily re-edited or perhaps they used an already filmed B-roll made in-case a second series was comissioned, either way, I think they ruined the story-line by what they did. For me the story was left with no real hook for me to be itching to see what happens next. No real surprises in the first series so they need to come up with something for the second though I think they have already blown it. I doubt I'll be interested enough to bother with the second series.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:bounce:

The best 3/4ers of a drama from last year is back this time Thursday BBC2 @ 9pm.

They had better have a proper ending, this time.

If we're keeping this thread, can you change the title [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:bounce:

Are we already for another run of Gillian Anderson looking seriously hot?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here