Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The FA Cup Draw: Brighton & Hove Albion vs Arsenal

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
As I write, the Albion are printing Man United at the Amex tickets.

If that's NOT the draw, we can sell them at £20 each to boost club funds, and in 25 years time people will remember going to the game.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I really don't want the hassle of Palace or Sunderland to be honest.

One of the big sides or a lower ranked team would suit me nicely.

It's going to be Derby County away though*.

*ffs

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The draw will be held before League Two AFC Wimbledon's third-round clash against Liverpool,

Another thing that pees me off - why are they doing this? The draw should if possible always take place after the round has been completed. Obviously not always possible if there are replays, postponed matches etc, but there's no excuse for this really.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Judging by the amount of responses to this and the previous thread of who we want in the next round it looks like Sunderland at home is the most popular.

Palace are the last side i want, we are not in any sort of shape to be playing them at present.

Can't disagree with that, it's a small sample size but there does seem to be a yearning for Sunderland, I just don't get it at all.

Do you not think that Sunderland would likely beat us as well? Losing to Palace would obviosuly hurt more but the win would be the sweeter...risk/reward and all that.

I'm actually with [MENTION=26695]Mowgli37[/MENTION] on this, either of them has the whiff of hassle/stress attached, if we could have one of the lesser lights left in the draw I'd be happy.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Another thing that pees me off - why are they doing this? The draw should if possible always take place after the round has been completed. Obviously not always possible if there are replays, postponed matches etc, but there's no excuse for this really.

Particularly daft given they moved the draw to Mondays this year, seemingly so it would be after the round has been played.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I'm not getting this "it-has-to-be-Sunderland" angst either. So it would be against Poyet. Big deal. He left ages ago, we're on manager #3 since, and after a few playful boos and maybe a smattering of applause too, that would be that, and we're left with a game against one of the less appealing Premiership sides.

We either want a glamour tie against one of the big boys, or a game we can win to progress to R5. Anything in between is a bit disappointing, and frankly Sunderland falls into that category.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Knowing we are in the draw has helped me through today. I can honestly say that my palms start to sweat with nervous excitment as soon as the first number is called. A premier away would be good but settle for anything in London area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here