Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The establishment and historic child sex abuse

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Should be some form of European Inquiry. Though can that be trusted to be free of people who would rather see this covered up.

I couldn't think of a more corrupt institution!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I hope to God they get to some of these murderous Paedophiles before they die. We need to see the smiles wiped off their faces and the victims need justice.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yes agreed, strike that from the record.

Whilst your suggestion was not a great one, I think you are on the right lines though. If this scandal is as far reaching as suggested, then a foreign led inquiry is the way to go. But the "establishment" is not going to want johnny foreigner sticking their noses into British parliamentary business.

Shami Chakrabarti is a decent suggestion, but then she did work at the Home Office so some will see that as another "corrupt" appointment. Although my view now is that the Baroness is at least someone of integrity as she has demonstrated by resigning.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Caroline Lucus tweeting..

Butler Sloss appointed last Tues, denied she'd step down on Wed & resigned at weekend - Govt should have done homework & avoided #shambles

https://twitter.com/CarolineLucas

Wrong. The whole point is the government DID do their homework, they knew exactly what her connections are and chose her because of that. They wanted a safe pair of hands on this. The shambles is they thought they could keep pulling the wool over our eyes. This is a good sign early on, a message has been sent to Westminster that the public will be watching this like hawks. The time of lies and cover ups is coming to an end.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Although my view now is that the Baroness is at least someone of integrity as she has demonstrated by resigning.

I agree with this as it goes. She emerges with far more credit for understanding the situation and doing the right thing whilst our PM and Home Secutary, still don't seem to appreciate the depth of feeling on the part of us plebs over this.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
So this is Baroness Butler-Sloss.

140719-butler-sloss_0.jpg

Stick her in a gold tracksuit and put a cigar in her mouth...

...just saying!

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Wrong. The whole point is the government DID do their homework, they knew exactly what her connections are and chose her because of that. They wanted a safe pair of hands on this. The shambles is they thought they could keep pulling the wool over our eyes. This is a good sign early on, a message has been sent to Westminster that the public will be watching this like hawks. The time of lies and cover ups is coming to an end.

Reading between the lines i read it as 'they didn't do their homework' referring to underestimating the public and press. As you say the public is watching this like a hawk and some of the mainstream press are reporting.

Indeed it is a good sign but the time of lies and cover ups has still got a long way to go. I want to see clear signs of the establishment overtly coming clean it still feels like there are so many defending, retreating, threatening, delaying, excusing, hiding and saying wobble rather than supporting the investigation. They need to feel it is better to speak out now, explaining the reasons why they are frightened to speak up, knowing that the public are better informed and more powerful than the past.

Next up ... stopping the emergency surveillance law until we can TRUST it is in our best interest.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
The Home Sec is coming across very badly during committee questioning this afternoon, refusing to answer the question whether she knew about AG Havers and his links to Mr Dickens and his attempts to silence him in the house over child abuse. Asked several times and never gave a yes or no answer, looking very 'dodgy'.
Wonder if Cameron is waiting until after this session before he sorts out his reshuffle. If so she is toast!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
The Home Sec is coming across very badly during committee questioning this afternoon, refusing to answer the question whether she knew about AG Havers and his links to Mr Dickens and his attempts to silence him in the house over child abuse. Asked several times and never gave a yes or no answer, looking very 'dodgy'.
Wonder if Cameron is waiting until after this session before he sorts out his reshuffle. If so she is toast!

Came across very poorly, clearly didn't do her homework prior to appointing LBS. How many times can you use the word integrity in a 15 minute interview? She was full of waffle and makes you wonder how she's got where she has.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I don't want to be too cynical but I have long felt uncomfortable with the push towards radical sex education for children, and I have always felt that there was something rotten about the music industry and the sexualization of young people through very raunchy music videos etc.

Now, with all that is coming out, does anyone else wonder if perhaps these things are not just a product of "progress", but actually a continuation of the work of P.I.E. just conducted in the shadows rather than out in the open?

That's what I think anyway.

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
I think they already have someone else lined up to do the whitewash. She was put forward knowing that there will be a backlash because of her connections and previous.
If she were allowed to go through with it and the result appears a whitewash, it would rumble on.
If she was replaced, it would give the illusion of democracy, and if the results still appear a whitewash, people would less likely to complain and it might just go away enough to carry on as normal.

Problem, Reaction, Solution.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I hope to God they get to some of these murderous Paedophiles before they die. We need to see the smiles wiped off their faces and the victims need justice.

One of the names being covered up will cause ripples in the Conservative party even though he is now dead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here