Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] The 'Especially for Billy the Fish' 2nd Test Eng v India at Lords thread

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is all on the captain I'm afraid. Strange choice of attack with some crappy defensive field positions after those first two wickets. Annoying.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This is all on the captain I'm afraid. Strange choice of attack with some crappy defensive field positions after those first two wickets. Annoying.

Root is a fantastic batsman but a truly terrible captain. I do wonder whether the selectors will be looking at someone else for The Ashes. Two tailenders at the crease; a new ball and two excellent seam bowlers in Anderson and Robinson and he engages in a bouncer war. A few fast and straight ones would have done it

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
We will be clinging on for a draw at this rate.

Very strange tactics and of course "Both of these batters have now got their highest Test score..!!!"

Bumrah had about twice as many test wickets as test runs before this series.

He's got 58 runs in his last 2 innings having scored a grand total of 43 in the previous 20 tests

Good grief.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Exactly the same thing happened in the first innings of the first test. Root maybe captain but Anderson is a senior pro, it can’t be all on Root, “this isn’t working skip” is all that is required.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
298-8 declared.

Shami 56* and Bumrah 34* put on 89 runs, 20 overs (RR: 4.45)

271 from 60 overs.

Not going to be much fun for Burns, Sibley and Hameed.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Appalling captaincy really. Still, its not often we get a full 5 days of a test match with all results possible

India will skittle us out before tea now I've said that!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
England's batting line-up is so poor that in their pursuit of victory India have actually left the door open. If we were capable of knocking off 71 from 25 overs that would leave 200 off 35 overs with the likes of Buttler, Bairstow, Moeen and Curran capable of scoring fast.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
“Feet still in cement” great call by Lloyd re Hameed’s 1st ball

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Appalling captaincy really. Still, its not often we get a full 5 days of a test match with two results possible

India will skittle us out before tea now I've said that!

Edited for you.

This is England batting don't forget.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here