The end of the world as we know it?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Republicans have REJECTED the $800bn bank rescue plan..........I spy a BINFEST when Wall St opens at 2.30pm

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Can any economic bods fill me in as to what the effects would be?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Greed has bought us to this place people. I know we all need money, but why do some people need to be greedy f*ck(&g bastards.

For the hard working average guy on the street I feel sorry.

However for the bastards that have milked the system and have caused these problems, I hope they learn a big lesson from all of this, because we are all going to suffer.

Did you see that women on TV, that bought 10 apartments? Now she is suffering because of the crunch. Should we feel sorry. In my eyes this is greedy.

John Humphries the stalwart old bull elephant Radio 4 Today programe as listened to by the Queen and other believers in our old glory moustache wearing generals and blue hatted conservative fund raisers said the other day as I lay in bed dreaming of past victories and a fresh cup of cha that the American government was "staring into the chasm of the death of capitalism".
Closed my eyes and hid under the duvet and waited for the end. Soon needed a poo so got up.
But what a thing to say. Eh, EH ?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
1. A run on bank's shares (Bradford and Bingley currently at 17p, compared to £3 less than a year ago. Banks will go bust, and there will be queues outside many of them as the latest rumour sparks yet another Northern Cock style binfest.

2.Banks will stop lending, as they don't have any money to lend to businesses or individuals (including for Falmer). This will cause other businesses to go bust, or stop investing, causing a loss of jobs, causing more bad debts for the banks, and a vicious circle is created.

3. Sales of Mad Max DVD's ROCKET as people prepare for 2009.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I think its good that there is healthy debate on this rather than a rushed botched job. The final rescue plan will be much stronger for it.

Yeah and these bastard banks have gambled with our money?
Would you prepare to get all savings out of these accounts?

Best place you can put your savings? Northern Rock. Honestly.
Other than that buy gold and stick it under your bed.

Fat Pete Clemenza

Apr 22, 2008
I'm glad some of you think this is so funny.

Greed or not, one of the (potential) consequences of this INSANITY is that honest people who spend their working life working their f***ing bollocks off to keep a roof over their families heads will lose everything. All because a load of wealthy Americans are arguing the toss.

What a f***ing load of SHIT

Financial experts are saying we are entering a new chapter in
the American economy. Unfortunately it's Chapter 11.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I'm glad some of you think this is so funny.

Greed or not, one of the (potential) consequences of this INSANITY is that honest people who spend their working life working their f***ing bollocks off to keep a roof over their families heads will lose everything. All because a load of wealthy Americans are arguing the toss.

What a f***ing load of SHIT

Aye, agree totally. I just see the irony of it all, sadly.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Free market forces - why should taxpayers bail them out?

Why dont you spend abit of time reading about whats really happening.

This deal is not to bail out the bankers etc its to bail us all out, including you.

BlueWhite

Dec 28, 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWhite
Free market forces - why should taxpayers bail them out?
Why dont you spend abit of time reading about whats really happening.

This deal is not to bail out the bankers etc its to bail us all out, including you.

Free market forces - why should taxpayers bail them out? .. is what many Republicans are arguing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports