Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Duke and Duchess of Sussex QUIT the Royal family

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Correct. As you say people still believe that malicious rumour despite biological evidence to the contrary. He’s Charles and Di’s son. End of.

Harry actually bears a strong resemblance to a younger Phil the Greek these days

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Karen is certainly distraught, Holz and Pip look duly concerned.

Capture.JPG

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
La vérité.

Not quite sure what prompted the foreign language but, listening from 2:00 onwards to that video I'd say that no, he doesn't. Quite the opposite, in fact, in his very words...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Let's bloody hope so. They are a shameful embarrassment to the Kingdom of the South Saxons (and no doubt to HM too).

Good riddance.

Are you being facetious? I seriously hope so. Sorry if I've been whooshed. :shrug:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Don’t blame them, a life under the media spotlight must be crap, unless it furnishes an arrogant ego.

Hopefully this will also stop their whinging, although they’ll still be harangued.

They can't have their cake and eat it though can they - take £2.1m fo taxpayers money to do up Frogmore Cottage and then only live in it half the year while swanning about the other half. Maybe it should be listed as a holiday cottage so that we can all take advantage of a week or two at Windsor - unsure how many it sleeps but the cost divided between a whole bunch of friends might be affordable!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What a vile, nasty, ignorant piece of crap Holmes is.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/eamonn-holmes-meghan-markle-royals-sussex-a4331791.html

I haven’t watched the bloke for years so I had no idea he was like this. I always thought he was a benign, nicey nicey breakfast host. Didn’t realise he was such a guttersnipe.

I had no idea that suggesting that someone was “uppity” was in any way rascist, until I read that vitriolic article. You learn something everyday.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Mrs LLF has got an afternoon tea for two thing bought as a Christmas gift for her at Windsor Castle to be arranged soon.
I was just going to do it in a day, drive up there and back on the same day, but, if Frogmore Cottage is empty, I will request that we can stay over there for one night.
Well, it would be a shame if all that refurbishment went to waste.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I had no idea that suggesting that someone was “uppity” was in any way rascist, until I read that vitriolic article. You learn something everyday.

Vitriolic? It's mainly direct quotes.

As for uppity, it's not a very commonly used word but it's typically used to describe black people and women. Definitely has racist and sexist undertones.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Nor I. I consider myself quite up to date with racist slang but even I think that’s a bit far fetched.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Nor I. I consider myself quite up to date with racist slang but even I think that’s a bit far fetched.

I have only ever heard it used about people who are being self important twats regardless of colour :shrug:

Not an oft used word these days though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here