Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Duke and Duchess of Sussex QUIT the Royal family

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Couldnt really care less to be honest.
Was always going to happen, once MMH induced her good old US of A bollox into ones lugholes.
I suspect theres a hideen agenda in keeping the fragile UK / USA hands across the sea friendship going :shootself

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
With the media hounding Meghan in the same way as they did his mum, I can see why Harry wants out.

Fair enough, no reason why he can't choose his own path

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
At least they've done it in January, so the Royals can sign replacements.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
At least they've done it in January, so the Royals can sign replacements.

I hear they've sent Andrew out on a scouting mission to bring in some new young talent.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Diana actively courted the media too let's not pretend.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Maybe for a while she did mate, certainly not in her latter years.

Not really the point though. Harry doesn't see it like that. I reckon that's why we wants out.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
What a load of crap! Come on ginger you seriously need to grow a pair! She knew exactly what she was getting into by marrying into the British Royal family. For starters can we have the cash back you spent on your main gaff? And mummy played the press game as and when it suited. And I think you'll find that it was a drunk driver who killed her.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
It’s like the Beatles all over again with William as Paul and the Sussexeseses as John and Yoko.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
SUITS, 7 series of pure gold before Patrick J Adams left.

[video]https://66.media.tumblr.com/441058a17e61ce56f2347d3ce8936d c4/tumblr_nrb0d1XNiM1r0it9io1_500 .gifv[/video]

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Let’s hope they really do step back and out of the headlines, somehow I doubt it. Earning their own living, how does that work without courting the media they say they hate but are so dependent on.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Bit of a surprise, Didnt think as a Royal you could just drop out. Only need William to do the same and assume that then Anne would be 2nd in line. I see response from Palace was a bit curt. Surely only right a statement is issued that they together with Andrew will no longer receive money from public funds.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Maybe for a while she did mate, certainly not in her latter years.

Er no.

It was very much in her latter years that she did. When she was first married that culture between "celebrities" and the press didn't exist.

Post split with Charles she was constantly in contact with journalists and if you've forgotten organised an interview with Panorama. Completely unprecedented at the time.

It was her attempt (obviously) to her story across in the face of the Royal Family ("a Royal Insider said") PR machine.

Arguably they can't win, but the younger Royals (started by Diana) are modern day celebrities with paid media advisors.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here