Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Detectives: Taking down an OCG (BBC 2)

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Is this a new series? About the Manchester police? Great news if so. The previous series were really outstanding. No more spoilers please!

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Is this a new series? About the Manchester police? Great news if so. The previous series were really outstanding. No more spoilers please!
Yes - the focus of this one is a gang in Rochdale. Let out on bail after initial arrest (18 of them) it will be interesting to see how this ends. Presume they get banged up given they’ve already been named and shamed.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Ah, for a moment there I thought this was going to be about the Office of Government Commerce.

Remains one of my favourite logo fails ever.

(Turn sideways…)

IMG_7825.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ah, for a moment there I thought this was going to be about the Office of Government Commerce.

Remains one of my favourite logo fails ever.

(Turn sideways…)

View attachment 168997
I thought for a moment that Norwegian act 'Apoptygma Berserk' had changed their logo. @jimhigham would have been distraught.

1698829334545.png

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
The guy named in this 2019 article as Mohammad Sajid of Naz restaurant (on right of pic) is the one named Sajid Hussain in the documentary. (All the facial markings, spots and scarrings match up).

To put into context this was two years after his son commited the axe attack, and so while the televised investigation was going on.

I'm wondering if his act of philianthropy was merely a public relations excercise or whether he used it as an opportunity to recruit from the more vulnerable, desperate and exploitable members of society.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Really? Why do you think that when the whole documentary shows what a great job the police do?

Very cruel...and it only happened on Tuesday this week apparently.

Unbelievable watch though...like an unrealistic Line of Duty story!

Absolute fair play and massive credit to Martin, Mark and their team. Bravery and persistence in equal measure.
Incredible bravery and persistence, they should all be given medals for their work on bringing that rotten filth down

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
The guy named in this 2019 article as Mohammad Sajid of Naz restaurant (on right of pic) is the one named Sajid Hussain in the documentary. (All the facial markings, spots and scarrings match up).

To put into context this was two years after his son commited the axe attack, and so while the televised investigation was going on.

I'm wondering if his act of philianthropy was merely a public relations excercise or whether he used it as an opportunity to recruit from the more vulnerable, desperate and exploitable members of society.

Straight from the Jimmy Savile school of distraction.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Just finished the 3 episodes, unfuckingbelievable

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here