Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The death of lower league football?

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Really? No chance.

Take our squad from Wednesday night, by example. I've highlighted for you, the ones who qaulify for England.

Brighton & Hove Albion
29 Kuszczak
03 Greer
14 Calderon
17 Ward
20 Upson
04 Andrews
08 Crofts
18 Caskey
09 Barnes*
21 David Lopez
23 Conway

Substitutes
01 Brezovan
02 Bruno
06 El-Abd
25 LuaLua **
27 March
38 Ince
30 Buckley

*MIGHT count, if his Austria U21 cap was a freindly?
**Definitely qualifies for the Congo. Possibly England as well.

Can we include the rest of Britain and also Ireland? Then it looks ok!

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
I hear what you're saying, but it does work quite well in Europe. I think it's worth having the debate, even if my initial gut feeling is to agree with you.

This. Think we pride ourselves on an identity that worked 20/30 odd years ago, since then Brazil rise and fell from greatness; French featured in 2 world cup finals and a small european nation called Belgium have potentially the most threatening and technical team to this day.

We need to evolve as a footballing nation. What is the point of us encouraging new coaches and improving coaching when really the main problem is the "identity" (I use that term extremely loosely) that we are so stubborn and naive to keep?!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
How would you feel about being a feeder club for Chelsea?

watching the likes of Chalobah, McEachran, Lukaku? not terribly upset actually.

i think it needs to be discussed and thought about. not sure it would impact on every lower league team, and for some it would make sence. the smaller club doesnt have to disappear. at least we should be looking at more formal, structured relationships between clubs.

Really? REALLY? You would rather the club we love "adopt the identity" of Chelsea just so we can add a few quality players to our squad?

And you say you support Brighton & Hove Albion?

AS*H*LE.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Terrible idea. I support Brighton, not Chelski B. And I'll NEVER support the latter. The American Football model makes more sense.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How would you feel about being a feeder club for Chelsea?

Really? REALLY? You would rather the club we love "adopt the identity" of Chelsea just so we can add a few quality players to our squad?

And you say you support Brighton & Hove Albion?

AS*H*LE.

and where exactly does this adoption of identity come from? did i say that? did the article? no. are you incapable of reading or just making up things in your head? only this week people on this board where asking where the Barca loanees where, for the past 3 years we've compared our style to Barca or Swansea (wrongly but whatever). now you are getting indignant at the idea that we might have an arrangement with Chelsea (your choice btw, not mine) to play their upcoming young players? i think im being more honest with myself than you, few would have spurred such an arrangment in the wihdean days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here