Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Damned - Concorde

N17

Jun 21, 2011
I first saw the Damned at the Lyceum ballroom on the Strand in around 1978-79.

Great fun.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Very interesting gig later this year, The Damned and Hammer house of horror in some sort of Vampire show at the London Palladium.

Probably seen the Damned more than any other band ( and I am including the UK subs in that ) I love it when they play with Johnny moped as they go together so well.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Saw them (well, a couple of them actually) a few years ago in a tent put up as a temporary Christmas bar. Was a bit disappointed, but glad I've seen them - was and still am a great fan of their records.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Did they not play Brighton on the Phantasmagoria Tour in ‘85/86?

Quite possibly, but don't remember it. I do remember seeing part of that tour in London ( Brixton I think), so I either missed it or I just got used to going to London to see bands.I do remember it being not a great time to see The Damned, Roman Jugg et al. It all got better after Finsbury Park and the Final Damnation gigs at the Town and Country.

PFJ

Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Lemmy played a few shows with them under the moniker 'The Doomed' - was that one of the shows?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I would love to lie and say yes, but no, it was Henry Badowski. .... support that night was from Smeggy and the Cheesy Bits, with Smeg who went on to front King Kurt. Also that night, there was strong competition at the Top Rank Suite with TRB and Stiff Little Fingers playing. Still a healthy crowd at the University though.

PFJ

Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
The Damned were great again last night. I had no idea they were going to play Machine Gun Etiquette in it's entirety either. Absolute treat. No skating nuns though.
And because Smash It Up appears half way in, they had to finish with something different, Jet Boy,Jet Girl and White Rabbit. ...bloody heaven.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
There was a bloke wearing a Palace scarf at The Dome gig. These days rather him get the evil stare , he just got laughed at.

It was more than likely a Johnny Moped scarf. 5394AD67-D938-4415-BD7D-DDA72133906A.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here