Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Cyclist - Brighton station

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Have to say although I like the pub at Victoria, above WH Smiths I do find myself moving the Point of Sale they place to obscure the till showing what change to expect and also leaving my hand out until I've checked my change. A particular favourite is the £3 change which is actually 2 x £1 coins and a 20p piece, easily happens when coin is in wrong drawer ..... but three times running!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It doesn't have any toilets! Had to use the station ones - take a supply of 20p coins with you!!

I thought about that when it opened. I thought it would be illegal in this day and age to have a pub with no toilets

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I thought about that when it opened. I thought it would be illegal in this day and age to have a pub with no toilets

Clearly not, you can imagine if they had toilets next to the public ones at 20p you'd be forever cleaning the toilets and selling hardly any beer!

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Clearly not, you can imagine if they had toilets next to the public ones at 20p you'd be forever cleaning the toilets and selling hardly any beer!

Well the 'Spoonies at London Victoria has loos, and like the most 'Spoonies, they are the easiest to use without the bar staff noticing.

There are some lovely pubs springing up at London stations. The Parcel Office (Fullers) at Kings Cross, plus the Sir John Betjamin at St Pancras, to name a couple.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Well the 'Spoonies at London Victoria has loos, and like the most 'Spoonies, they are the easiest to use without the bar staff noticing.

There are some lovely pubs springing up at London stations. The Parcel Office (Fullers) at Kings Cross, plus the Sir John Betjamin at St Pancras, to name a couple.

Indeed, and are spacious places, I fear a Ladies, Gents and Disabled Toilet in The Cyclist would render it useless as a pub!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Popped in there pre and post match last night - it's a great spot. They will be open on match days although they are fenced off from the main train queue and have been told they'll have to serve in plastic on match days.

Worth a visit.

Having to find 20p to go to the gents is annoying though.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Being charged £15 for an "open fish finger sandwich" and a pint of oyster bay is, I would say, stronging it a little!!!!! This had better be the best fish finger sandwich in the world.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here