Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For those that haven't seen it, last Saturday we rewatched the lovely little film Sing Street.

It pays a small homage to The Cure, Duran Duran, and a bit of Spandau.

A highly recommended quiet night in.

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
For those that haven't seen it, last Saturday we rewatched the loving little film Sing Street.

It pays a small homage to The Cure, Duran Duran, and a bit of Spandau.

A highly recommended quiet night in.

Don't think we've seen that. Cheers!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't think we've seen that. Cheers!

You might not have done, it's an Irish coming of age film about a lad, a girl, a band and influences.

It'll not change your world but it is a thoroughly enjoyable 90 minutes.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'll stop. But this one we actually went to. With them splitting up, falling out, getting back together but being a bit shit and all I thought I'd never get to see them live.

Then they started touring again and my Mrs got tickets for my birthday. It was one of the greatest days of my life without a doubt. I just remeber thinking "please don't be shit, please don't be shit". I shouldn't have worried.

When Robert Smith came on stage he just stared at the crowd, walked slowly to one end of the stage (massive applause and cheering) then the other (massive applause and cheering) and then it kicked off with Plainsong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E18Ir_tfxSw&ab_channel=Arkhnor

Set list.

http://www.cure-concerts.de/concerts/2004-07-09.php

Oh and then we saw Pixies the day after. Decent weekend.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
You might not have done, it's an Irish coming of age film about a lad, a girl, a band and influences.

It'll not change your world but it is a thoroughly enjoyable 90 minutes.

Is that the one where they end up on a boat to England at the end or something? Rings a bell. Yeah, it’s a decent enough little movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'll stop. But this one we actually went to. With them splitting up, falling out, getting back together but being a bit shit and all I thought I'd never get to see them live.

Then they started touring again and my Mrs got tickets for my birthday. It was one of the greatest days of my life without a doubt. I just remeber thinking "please don't be shit, please don't be shit". I shouldn't have worried.

When Robert Smith came on stage he just stared at the crowd, walked slowly to one end of the stage (massive applause and cheering) then the other (massive applause and cheering) and then it kicked off with Plainsong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E18Ir_tfxSw&ab_channel=Arkhnor

Set list.

http://www.cure-concerts.de/concerts/2004-07-09.php

Oh and then we saw Pixies the day after. Decent weekend.

I love In Between Days, a song of my youth, and don't give a monkeys that it was commercial (some criticise that). What an iconic opening and lyrics.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I love In Between Days, a song of my youth, and don't give a monkeys that it was commercial (some criticise that). What an iconic opening and lyrics.
Totally agree.

One of the reasons why The Cure are one of the greatest ever bands is the fact that Smith could write everything from Just Like Heaven to 100 years to A Forest to In Between Days to Charlotte Sometimes to 10.15 Saturday Night to Close To Me to Jumping Someone Else's Train to Love Song.......

Apart from his voice and the baseline, they are mostly basically different genres of music.

What genre are The Cure? They're not, they're just The Cure.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Olympia’92.
Wish Tour.
Sneaked away from school to go.
Very very good.

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
Thought I'd throw my hat into the ring. The Cure are up there with the very best imo. I adore them, always have and always will. 'Kiss Me....' being their peak album for me. A fantastically original band that wrote great tunes for a very long time. Am yet to see them live, hopefully one day.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nice to see this thread and appreciation of The Cure rise to the surface now and again!

Someone with an impeccable taste in music must have started it...

When I saw it up there today I thought it was another sodding Covid thread :facepalm:

:wink: :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here