Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Toe dipped today under heavy suggestion of Earle Jr. Downloaded Revolut and GooglePay (what a day) and dumped £500 in to Cardano as he encouraged me to do. I gather he gets £65 referral commission from Revolut and I sit back for the long haul:)

Toe dipped today under heavy suggestion of Earle Jr. Downloaded Revolut and GooglePay (what a day) and dumped £500 in to Cardano as he encouraged me to do. I gather he gets £65 referral commission from Revolut and I sit back for the long haul:)

hi..i pretty much dumped everything last week except cardano, after a 13% drop in the dip its now up 10% , quite a swing in a week!

market bombed again :( something happened at 2am this morning and many stocks dropped 10-15% IN ONE HOUR!!! i missed that boat and thankfully there is slight recovery but still 8-10% down :( WTF!

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I am very amused / bemused by crypto. Having two mates who were bragging about their gains I dipped in a toe a month ago - you know just before the worst month in crypto history!

I have $1000 of investment over 6 different crypto and of course they have all tanked meaning on paper I have lost $317 (£224) - actually not all as my ADA is currently up 60p

I note my mates have gone VERY quiet especially the one with £217,000 a few weeks ago.

I now have to hodl as it would be silly to shrug off a loss. but all this "to the moon" bullshit is funny (if I wasn't down) certainly its a lesson in not doing something you know nothing about.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I had some spare money not doing anything so thought I’d give it a go. Not expecting too much, and am happy to leave it long term.
I see Coinbase are now selling Dogecoin.

I still don’t have a bloody clue what it’s all about.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
market bombed again :( something happened at 2am this morning and many stocks dropped 10-15% IN ONE HOUR!!! i missed that boat and thankfully there is slight recovery but still 8-10% down :( WTF!

Apparently Elon **** tweeted something - the man who has concerns over crypos energy usage yet fly tips a car into space

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I’ve had such fun since I burst onto the crypto scene just as the market crashed .
I’ve been 55% down , ive been 17% down , currently 25% down.
It will all be worthwhile when I arrive on the moon next week, or next year , or 2035, or never, or something! ��

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I am very amused / bemused by crypto. Having two mates who were bragging about their gains I dipped in a toe a month ago - you know just before the worst month in crypto history!

I have $1000 of investment over 6 different crypto and of course they have all tanked meaning on paper I have lost $317 (£224) - actually not all as my ADA is currently up 60p

I note my mates have gone VERY quiet especially the one with £217,000 a few weeks ago.

I now have to hodl as it would be silly to shrug off a loss. but all this "to the moon" bullshit is funny (if I wasn't down) certainly its a lesson in not doing something you know nothing about.

You'll be even more amused HERE.

Comedy GODL :lolol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Buttcoin/

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Amen to that.

As someone who has worked in the financial markets for 30 years, it amuses me too. You can argue about technicals all you like but the drivers of this market are so flimsy and the vol so high its like betting on the 330 at Kempton.....

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
What's the cryptoskeptic view on Gamespot then? I thought it was personally very interesting to see the financial markets controls in place to stop highly-leveraged institutions from taking a hit and screwing over the man on the street.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
What's the cryptoskeptic view on Gamespot then? I thought it was personally very interesting to see the financial markets controls in place to stop highly-leveraged institutions from taking a hit and screwing over the man on the street.
I was very happy made a nice chunk of change on Blackberry yesterday and the day before !!! Easy money.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
An encouragingly low dump off the back of the Elon tweet which suggests his affect on market swings may be over. BTC is stuck in a range between $34k and $44k. Which direction it goes in in fine balance, A break either way above or below those levels could see a dramatic move in that direction. Below will almost guarantee $23-24k. Have checked a few alt charts and they are still looking pretty good against btc pairs which suggests they could do well out of a period of BTC stability in mentioned range.

Most encouraging indicator is the fear and greed index which is showing fear. Usually a good sign we could go up.

https://alternative.me/crypto/fear-and-greed-index/

Last edited:

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Aren’t the wealthy controlling this market. They buy big - price goes up. They dump make a quick buck- price tanks-rinse and repeat. The rest of us are trying to ride the waves on the back of the above. We may or may not get lucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
I d like to think you’re right but that sounds like the dollar price .
It will go up though because of the coinbase move.
I factored that in but didn’t think it would go back down to 20p or whatever .
I had a crazy day the other week, I call “mental Wednesday “.
It cost me a lot of money, although it’s been better today .
Catching a falling knife ? Yep , done it .
Misjudged the extent of the crash ? I did that spectacularly

Wise crypto investors tell me that you only lose money if you sell. The secret is to treat these as long term investments and hodl. The boom bust cycle is 4 years. I also buy on runout and sell on fact. Like many investors I have no clue what I am doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was very happy made a nice chunk of change on Blackberry yesterday and the day before !!! Easy money.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

OMG i missed that - for no real reason i bought £200 of BB about 10 days ago after seeing this price climbing. At one point it was 8% up from my starting but on Tuesday i think it tanked again so sold at a under 10. i see it almost DOUBLED from the low FFS over 2 days. I only thought that happenned in crypto land? What was the cause of the massive rise and fall?

ok this one takes INSANITY OF CRYPTO to new levels
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/micro-bitcoin-finance/
from $17 to $500!! in 4 hours,back to $27 TEN MINUTES LATER!! then up again to $450 another hour later. currently trading at 143 after several other peak and troughs. This is all IN ONE DAY TRADING!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ok this one takes INSANITY OF CRYPTO to new levels
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/micro-bitcoin-finance/
from $17 to $500!! in 4 hours,back to $27 TEN MINUTES LATER!! then up again to $450 another hour later. currently trading at 143 after several other peak and troughs. This is all IN ONE DAY TRADING!

looks like new coin so some price discovery, and the price spikes are short sharp changes. fat finger or problems in liquidity. also pay attention to the market cap, not the price. its currently valued at $2.8m, with small supply. isnt new its pretty common just the tools show more of these newly launched carptokens

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I have added AllianceBlock and Mettalex to my portfolio in the last couple of weeks. It would be good to see some more altcoins start to fly now that Bitcoin seems to have calmed down a little.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here