Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Chiliz is an interesting one to look into and follow purely from a football/sports fan perspective.

Interestingly it's biggest partnerships were with teams involved in the ESL debacle. Do wonder had it happened what impact that would have had on its price.

Still is a coin with potential though.

Had some nice growth today.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What bitcoin would you be picking up right now as a novice? - or am I too late to the game?

That's like asking 10 years after the Stock markets began are you too late to join in :lolol:

Crypto is only just kicking off in relative terms.

Still got your whole life to take part in it.

Depends what your goal is (besides getting filthy rich).

Need to ask yourself how much money you're happy to spend, how much time you want to dedicate to it and how long you're happy to hold onto things.

And that's just the start.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
What bitcoin would you be picking up right now as a novice? - or am I too late to the game?

I started early this year - i use the Swissborg App which is easy to use for a novice and fees are low, im just dabbling atm with small amounts so will lose very little if it went tits up!, Binance Coin has been flying over last few weeks and ive been putting money into that but its trying to see what cryptocurrency is the next big thing in terms of rocketing value

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Bitcoin price

Couple of recent entries for me. Both low market cap, both high risk but potentially very high reward.

WNXM and TRIAS.

BiffyBoy100

Apr 20, 2020
That's like asking 10 years after the Stock markets began are you too late to join in :lolol:

Crypto is only just kicking off in relative terms.

Still got your whole life to take part in it.

Depends what your goal is (besides getting filthy rich).

Need to ask yourself how much money you're happy to spend, how much time you want to dedicate to it and how long you're happy to hold onto things.

And that's just the start.

Haha, I'm all about the long-term hold..... and getting filthy rich!

BiffyBoy100

Apr 20, 2020
I started early this year - i use the Swissborg App which is easy to use for a novice and fees are low, im just dabbling atm with small amounts so will lose very little if it went tits up!, Binance Coin has been flying over last few weeks and ive been putting money into that but its trying to see what cryptocurrency is the next big thing in terms of rocketing value

Thanks. Really helpful. I'll take a look at Swissbord, and start with some smaller amounts.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Nice. Thanks

These really are high risk quite new projects. There are safer investments out there so make sure you are aware and do your own research before any investment.

For me the risk reward is well worth the punt but I’m playing with profit not my initial investment.

BiffyBoy100

Apr 20, 2020
These really are high risk quite new projects. There are safer investments out there so make sure you are aware and do your own research before any investment.

For me the risk reward is well worth the punt but I’m playing with profit not my initial investment.

Thanks. It's not going to be big amounts. I've made gains from the stock market and just trying to diversify a bit.

Franky Small

Nov 29, 2020
UK
the fees thing is laughable though improved greatly recent weeks. it constrains use and effectively locks out small players. however didnt really affect overall value going through the eco-system, the whales, historic holders drive it onward. some people still piled into silly NFT collectables.

i've been digging into to ETH killer issue, i was pretty convinced others would be better, but which? some strong arguments in particular applying Metcalfe's law (network effect) changed my mind. Ethereum isnt going away and the alternatives are either behind, not in use or dont tickle the community's fancy (centralisation is a big issue for a lot of idealists). really there are just too many competitors, they fight each other for development and uptake. leaves lots of speculative opportunity short term, medium term any competitor needs to offer some core functional advantage. im not sure any do today, its variations on how to implement PoS and configuration.

I also think that because of its huge powerful comunity ETH is here for long. Especially after the ETH 2.0 release. At the same time I guess that Cardano and Polkadot are more interesting projects which in the long run will replace ETH on the market, my opinion. But in terms of its cost ETH will hit the 10k mark this bullrun, my opinion :)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I also think that because of its huge powerful comunity ETH is here for long. Especially after the ETH 2.0 release. At the same time I guess that Cardano and Polkadot are more interesting projects which in the long run will replace ETH on the market, my opinion. But in terms of its cost ETH will hit the 10k mark this bullrun, my opinion :)

I pulled out of ETH a couple of weeks ago. A mistake , as it’s has turned out.
As was dallying last week.
Still Thinking of going back in, although it’s never been higher .
I’m thinking there must be a dip at some point...

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I pulled out of ETH a couple of weeks ago. A mistake , as it’s has turned out.
As was dallying last week.
Still Thinking of going back in, although it’s never been higher .
I’m thinking there must be a dip at some point...
I took a little out of my ETH a week ago as it was getting a little weighty in the portfolio and at the time was at an all time high. If you took profit, its never a mistake.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I used to buy some random crypto every month - only a small amount, just to not completely ignore it. But the last two months I've not been able to bring myself to buy any as almost everything has gone up so much.

I'm guessing while there are people like me, waiting for it to fall in value before buying anything else, it's not likely to fall soon as much as it did back in 2018. But I'm sure it will eventually.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Just went in on another high risk bag with STND. Just launched on KuCoin, tanked badly, but looks like it could be at recovery point.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
My dabble in spartan protocol seemed to be going along nicely, then a sudden massive drop on Saturday night. Someone helped themselves to 30m USD. After I tipped Iota last week, the founders have had a very public falling out this week. I have exited the former and reduced my holding in the latter. No real damage done, but this stuff is definitely not fire it and forget it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here