Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] The cryptocurrency (Bitcoin etc) thread

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Certainly no expert, but how can you have a Crypto portfolio that doesn’t include BTC or ETH?

I dont hold any of those and have no intention of holding any

There are far better returns available out there than those 2 now offer in my opinion. You would be lucky to 2x your return on those over the next year

I actually beleive in the near future those 2 specific tokens will get taxed hugely (green tax). Its going to happen, and the cost of using them is just way too high currently.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I dont hold any of those and have no intention of holding any

There are far better returns available out there than those 2 now offer in my opinion. You would be lucky to 2x your return on those over the next year

I actually beleive in the near future those 2 specific tokens will get taxed hugely (green tax). Its going to happen, and the cost of using them is just way too high currently.

interesting idea. aside the "how would that be practical", serious talk to tax them directly in anyway would cause capitulation across the market. be a good signal for the end of the bull cycle.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Would it be right to say that by the time a coin gets onto Coinbase, it’s probably already flown?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
interesting idea. aside the "how would that be practical", serious talk to tax them directly in anyway would cause capitulation across the market. be a good signal for the end of the bull cycle.

it would not suprise me... if you are not green these days you wont get used, its on everyones agenda.

The fees for using Eth are ridiculous currently.

Bitcoin will get reigned in. Governments dont like things they can't control, And its the way they will do it in my opinion... we shall see.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
it would not suprise me... if you are not green these days you wont get used, its on everyones agenda.

The fees for using Eth are ridiculous currently.

Bitcoin will get reigned in. Governments dont like things they can't control, And its the way they will do it in my opinion... we shall see.

true, though heard that for years. if governments do get into regulate and control Bitcoin you can be sure it will effect all cryptos. some say it will legitimise and even necessary for future adoption. not this cycle.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
true, though heard that for years. if governments do get into regulate and control Bitcoin you can be sure it will effect all cryptos. some say it will legitimise and even necessary for future adoption. not this cycle.

For sure it will effect all Crypto's, they could just hike taxes on those coins/tokens that are not green enough, and we all know Bitcoin and Eth are awful for that.

Seriously try purchasing an NFT via Eth and see what the gas fees are... its insane

If ETH 2.0 isnt a way load better then its going to get eaten alive by other options.

Bitcoin already has no purpose in the real world, its a store of value. And as we know mining it uses more energy than some countries do.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Would it be right to say that by the time a coin gets onto Coinbase, it’s probably already flown?

its fair to say huge weekly gains are less likely. but they are also the better quality projects and there still upside to many.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Is it, though? Already down 10% from the image you posted, and not much comfort for those who bought the week before last, rather than in the last few days.

View attachment 136197

I'm not bothered at all about last week or even a dip now. I sold half at the resistance near the local top in good profit from my point of purchase, am leaving the rest to hit support where I fully expect it to grow more over the longer term. These investments dont go up forever, they go up and down fast. It really pays to take (some) profit when you get big pumps or you will eventually (usually) end up with almost nothing. Profit on an exchange is not profit in your hand.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I am anticipating Bitcoin going generally sideways over the next couple of months. Eth prospects still looking good, but I think there may be richer pickings elsewhere. As I said there are no right or wrong answers and I would be really worried if everyone agreed on this.

I'm expecting quite a big move on bitcoin TODAY. Hope I'm wrong because sideways is absolutely the best for Alts to shine.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Seriously try purchasing an NFT via Eth and see what the gas fees are... its insane

If ETH 2.0 isnt a way load better then its going to get eaten alive by other options.

the fees thing is laughable though improved greatly recent weeks. it constrains use and effectively locks out small players. however didnt really affect overall value going through the eco-system, the whales, historic holders drive it onward. some people still piled into silly NFT collectables.

i've been digging into to ETH killer issue, i was pretty convinced others would be better, but which? some strong arguments in particular applying Metcalfe's law (network effect) changed my mind. Ethereum isnt going away and the alternatives are either behind, not in use or dont tickle the community's fancy (centralisation is a big issue for a lot of idealists). really there are just too many competitors, they fight each other for development and uptake. leaves lots of speculative opportunity short term, medium term any competitor needs to offer some core functional advantage. im not sure any do today, its variations on how to implement PoS and configuration.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
the fees thing is laughable though improved greatly recent weeks. it constrains use and effectively locks out small players. however didnt really affect overall value going through the eco-system, the whales, historic holders drive it onward. some people still piled into silly NFT collectables.

i've been digging into to ETH killer issue, i was pretty convinced others would be better, but which? some strong arguments in particular applying Metcalfe's law (network effect) changed my mind. Ethereum isnt going away and the alternatives are either behind, not in use or dont tickle the community's fancy (centralisation is a big issue for a lot of idealists). really there are just too many competitors, they fight each other for development and uptake. leaves lots of speculative opportunity short term, medium term any competitor needs to offer some core functional advantage. im not sure any do today, its variations on how to implement PoS and configuration.

My thinking is it doesn't require an ETH killer to change the investment opportunity though, it just requires a change in sentiment.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Any particular reason why?

A time based analysis system I've been using that shows you when price pivots are likely to occur. There is one today and another 2nd May. You can then overlay that to other systems to see where you get confluence such as Gann fans, Fibonacci, and Ichimoku cloud. We are at a key resistance point right now, break that with some Facebook like news and we could go up alot. If we break down then could se us finally meet the 21 EMA at $44k that we almost hit at the weekend.

Here's a chart with some important levels as I see them if you are interested.

https://www.tradingview.com/x/V7Cnr316/

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...

The one platform which seems to have the most community support is Cardano. With recent news and current price profile, i'm bullish.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The one platform which seems to have the most community support is Cardano. With recent news and current price profile, i'm bullish.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I’ve got a very big bag of COTI who are providing the payment gateway for ADA pay. Anytime anyone uses ADApay then it uses COTI. Big news about their solution to the unbanked in Africa coming. Could be huge for both.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here