Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The cost of quality strikers...

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
even if we can afford the fee of a player in the last year of their contract can we
afford the wages ?
Put simply players get paid too much .Wages which cannot be justified on the revenue they generate
for 21 championship sides every season and even the 3 that go up have to dramatically
reinvest to stay up.
FFP seems to mean it is down to fans ( many not well off) to keep young men
who are fulfilling many a boys fantasy to play professional football in a luxurious lifestyle
as there will now be a limit to how much rich benefactors can contribute .
Of course over time FFP may bring down wages but there is a lot of ifs and buts
and if clubs are given transfer embargoes they will already have assembled a competitive squad

Bargains are always possible normally from abroad but it doesn't seem many posters are feeling lucky
because Michu's are a rare catch

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
All the money has gone on the training ground, simples. I don't believe there is a pot of gold there, I really hope i'm wrong though.

That ex Peterbro striker got 2 for forest yesterday..wouldnt have minded seeing him down here (for us)...we would still have had a few bob leftover

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Then we are in for a long relegation scrap, that could end with 10,000 st holders in Div 1. And whole areas of the ground not being used due to running costs.

We blew our chances of promotion when McSmudger was signed and the fact that he is not good enough for this division was ignored, that much was obvious within three months of him joining the club. The only reason we reached the play offs last season wasthe pole in goal and his 20 clean sheets, the rest of the team were well below average apart from ulloa and crofty , pretty fair to say if we don`t get relegated this season it will be a ****ing miracle.The club kneww FFP was coming and failed to plan for it while spunking stupid money on a white elephant that could have been built for half the cost.:albion2:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Then we are in for a long relegation scrap, that could end with 10,000 st holders in Div 1. And whole areas of the ground not being used due to running costs.

Yes, doesn't sound good does it...... Perhaps the club think the current squad with 1/2 additions is capable of staying in the championship.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Yes, doesn't sound good does it...... Perhaps the club think the current squad with 1/2 additions is capable of staying in the championship.

Then they are fools. In this division if you haven't got the players, then you need the manager. If you haven't got the manager, then you need the players. On current evidence, it looks like we got neither. Just look at Millwall, Holloway had 1/2 a season to have a look at the situation, now look at them. I know two wins at the start of the season is nothing to get carried away with, but they will be challenging for top 6 this season, no doubt about it.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Then they are fools. In this division if you haven't got the players, then you need the manager. If you haven't got the manager, then you need the players. On current evidence, it looks like we got neither. Just look at Millwall, Holloway had 1/2 a season to have a look at the situation, now look at them. I know two wins at the start of the season is nothing to get carried away with, but they will be challenging for top 6 this season, no doubt about it.

We've got danny holla now......, who knows who were getting tomorrow, or the next day......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here