Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Do we have to argue on the good news thread? Alot of people come here for positive news not to see people arguing.

The thread and the genuine good news on it loses its value if certain claims aren't challenged. Claiming that all not-so-good news is scare-mongering bullshit is irresponsible when one of the main weapons we have had in preventing the NHS being overrun has been people respecting lockdown and social distancing requirements.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The thread and the genuine good news on it loses its value if certain claims aren't challenged. Claiming that all not-so-good news is scare-mongering bullshit is irresponsible when one of the main weapons we have had in preventing the NHS being overrun has been people respecting lockdown and social distancing requirements.

It works both ways, if people start doubting what is being said people go off message when claims turn out to be so horribly wrong.

All I’m saying is where is the questioning on how they got to that conclusion so quickly and why did the papers decide to just run with it causing more panic and doubt over the vaccine.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Yep, if opinionated claims aren't put here in the first place, "like Sage or the BBC or whoever should be held accountable for the time they said x", then nobody has to go in and correct/argue the point.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It works both ways, if people start doubting what is being said people go off message when claims turn out to be so horribly wrong.

All I’m saying is where is the questioning on how they got to that conclusion so quickly and why did the papers decide to just run with it causing more panic and doubt over the vaccine.

We understand what you are saying, we're just unsure why you're saying it here

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I think a lot come on this thread for an argument-free breath of positive air re covid, so opening up another argument is pretty unwelcome for them.......just take any such discussions onto the main board ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

It was a peer-reviewed study carried out on over 50,000 subjects published 5.5 months after the study started. That's hardly jumping to conclusions, and it has not been proved horribly wrong.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Bozzas opening post is where this thread is at

“Please post positive news relating to Coronavirus in this thread

For each post, include a link to somewhere that, in your opinion, appears to be a legitimate source, along with a short precis or quote relating to the news.”

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Numbers are in - further positive news on all the key metrics that have been updated, in particular a new Admissions low, and rolling 7 day no. of deaths continuing to plummet.

Infections - 4,040, rolling 7 day down 7.9%
Deaths - 56, rolling 7 day down 35%
Admissions - 289, rolling 7 day down 22.1%
Jabs - 293k 1st and 147k 2nd - cumulative 30.44m and 3.67m
In hospital - 4,560 (still not updated)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think a lot come on this thread for an argument-free breath of positive air re covid, so opening up another argument is pretty unwelcome for them.......just take any such discussions onto the main board ?

Please bear in mind that a lot of people come to this thread for the sake of their mental well being.

Please stop and think before you post.

Bozzas opening post is where this thread is at

“Please post positive news relating to Coronavirus in this thread

For each post, include a link to somewhere that, in your opinion, appears to be a legitimate source, along with a short precis or quote relating to the news.”

Can I just reiterate this, this and this.

There's plenty of good news out there now, which is great. This is the place for it, without spin, opinion or retort.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Numbers are in - further positive news on all the key metrics that have been updated, in particular a new Admissions low, and rolling 7 day no. of deaths continuing to plummet.

All of those great news.

But i'd pick out infections. The fact that they are still dropping despite the kids being back in school is wonderful and fills me with optimism

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can I just recommend this daily graphic from The Guardian that appears 7 days a week, usually between 5pm and 6pm, found by scrolling a little way down the Guardian home page. Tells you just about everything you need to know about the most recent state of play in one simple graphic. Here's today's by way of example:

IMG_20210330_175819.jpg

saulth

May 28, 2020
It's a good moment to quote this message again:

Kind reminder that NSC is a broad church and many of us reside in the EU. Perhaps you could keep the EU negatives out of it when focussing good news? I'm all for criticising the EU vaccine programme, but not here please.

Please.

saulth

May 28, 2020

I don't remember the exact numbers but I'd say deaths are very low for a Tuesday? Pretty sure it was more than 100 a week ago. Fantastic :bowdown:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't remember the exact numbers but I'd say deaths are very low for a Tuesday? Pretty sure it was more than 100 a week ago. Fantastic :bowdown:

See graphic on post #7076 (3 posts above yours). The Tuesday figure of 56 is exactly half of the total for the same day last week. As you say Fantastic :bowdown:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
See graphic on post #7076 (3 posts above yours). The Tuesday figure of 56 is exactly half of the total for the same day last week. As you say Fantastic :bowdown:

The other thing to always remember about deaths is there is a bit of a lag as this is registering of deaths, no doubt many of these actually relate to a date of death of a week or more ago now (possibly even a month or more) so the true current picture should be even better than this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here