Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
I'm going to use Richard Herring's tweet.
Vaccinated, bitches!

I liked Ricky gevais tweet

315F4594-6360-4F85-93C7-937052B2A1F2.jpeg

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
had my jab at the race course yesterday evening. I surprised myself by welling up at bit as I was jabbed. quite emotional. No side effects today other than a slightly tender arm and a little headache (possibly caused by a cheap bottle of Aldi wine). Mr Nickbrighton also got his jab invite for this coming Thursday

As others have said, very impressive organisation, very military looking and no messing around. Massive well done to all involved

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Daily numbers update - happily more of the same :

Infections - 5,534 (1.6 million tests), rolling 7 day down 5.5%
Deaths - 121, rolling 7 day down 32.1%
Admissions - 570, rolling 7 day down 28.3%
Vaccs - 369k 1st and 87k second (amazing again for what was going to be a 'quiet' week), cumulative 23.7m and 1.5M
People in hospital - 8,029 (that's another 400 down on yesterday despite the 500 new admissions)

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
A doodle only you can see?

At CPD lectures I used to sketch skyscrapers, or stadia, or mountains .... to stay awake.

Even better now our team meetings are on zoom. I put the camera on the lowest resolution, put 6 Music on, and doodle away - all the while looking intelligent and engaged!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Even better now our team meetings are on zoom. I put the camera on the lowest resolution, put 6 Music on, and doodle away - all the while looking intelligent and engaged!

My wife had to take 6 google meet day long lectures on Wound Care. She knows it inside out already.

She had the live lectures going on a Chromebook, with an iPad used for Instagram, newspaper and home interior websites.

I did an online Speed Awareness Course last August. A good thing, the guy running it who was very good, kept us on our toes with random questions aimed at the participants. He knew how to keep us engaged.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Not sure if this qualifies as good news exactly, but I thought people here might be interested. A month ago, the UK and Italy were roughly at the same level, but look at the trajectories since then.

64BEE260-51D0-41B7-A860-DD9B9FCB2D78.jpeg

Oddly, Germany seems to have plateaued.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not sure if this qualifies as good news exactly, but I thought people here might be interested. A month ago, the UK and Italy were roughly at the same level, but look at the trajectories since then.

View attachment 134852

Quite a few countries in Europe are entering what looks like a third wave as the charts below indicate......and looking enviously at the UK vaccination programme.

977CC7E0-6DAE-4E21-9143-51178F3A8935.png

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

View attachment 134852

I’ve followed events on the continent.

Germany has had tight restrictions and people seem to abide.

Italy even now with their third wave and low vax uptake, have relaxed laws where restaurants and bars in many regions are open until 18:00. Also, I wonder if the sociable Italians haven’t the discipline of the Germans? They only ‘beat’ the first wave by being confined in their homes, enforced by the military, the only trips out had to be sanctioned by carrying an official letter.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I’m 39 and have an apparent underlying health condition (news to me) and got my invite to book last night so am booked in at the Brighton Centre for Monday week.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Who the hell are the 15% on the UK graph, utter twats.

Probably a mixture of anti-van nutters and possibly extreme left wingers that don’t want to admit that anything can go well under any government that isn’t Jeremy Corbyn.

Stumpy Tim

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here