Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

saulth

May 28, 2020
This graph is quite impressive as well. Shows active infections/100,000 in care homes in Catalonia (Spain). Infections are drastically cut in those with a percentage of vaccinations exceeding 70%. Very, very encouraging, as it shows vaccines do seem to stop transmission.

6354-inmunidad-covid-residencias-vacunadas-reducen-83-contagios-3162_620x368.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hearing more and more over-65s and even some in the 60-65 category getting called forward now.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Hearing more and more over-65s and even some in the 60-65 category getting called forward now.

Both my uncle & auntie who are early 60’s were contacted yesterday and booked for next Tuesday.

Good news again that the Pfizer vaccine, even with one dose, promotes a dramatic T cell response against even the South African variant. T-cell response doesn’t get spoken about enough IMO, they are the bodies most potent protection against severe illness.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/11/pfizer-vaccine-strong-response-new-covid-variants

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Both my uncle & auntie who are early 60’s were contacted yesterday and booked for next Tuesday.

Good news again that the Pfizer vaccine, even with one dose, promotes a dramatic T cell response against even the South African variant. T-cell response doesn’t get spoken about enough IMO, they are the bodies most potent protection against severe illness.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/11/pfizer-vaccine-strong-response-new-covid-variants
I am loving this. I am Cat 9 and can't wait to be called so the closer the age gets to me the happier life seems.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I am loving this. I am Cat 9 and can't wait to be called so the closer the age gets to me the happier life seems.

We’ve hit the 3m a week number over the last 7 days........incredible numbers..........I have heard from someone involved that even without additional capacity being added, the rate of jabs in the centres is speeding up quite noticeably - as those getting jabbed are coming from increasingly younger/fitter age groups, the process is becoming much faster with people being more mobile, quicker to understand what’s going on etc.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
It was recently announced that the target was for those over 50 to be vaccinated by May, but if we are already starting to vaccinate the over-60s in mid-February, that suggests those in their 50s will be vaccinated well before May, surely?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
We’ve hit the 3m a week number over the last 7 days........incredible numbers..........I have heard from someone involved that even without additional capacity being added, the rate of jabs in the centres is speeding up quite noticeably - as those getting jabbed are coming from increasingly younger/fitter age groups, the process is becoming much faster with people being more mobile, quicker to understand what’s going on etc.

A supervisor of a Vaccination Centre told me yesterday they are now averaging a jab every 5 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It was recently announced that the target was for those over 50 to be vaccinated by May, but if we are already starting to vaccinate the over-60s in mid-February, that suggests those in their 50s will be vaccinated well before May, surely?

That’s already been upgraded........think the latest gov statement suggested by the end of April and they’ll want to ‘over achieve’ so I suspect that’s a conservative target.....

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit

2nd dose kicks in soon
Numbers will drop

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
2nd dose kicks in soon
Numbers will drop

Yeh. There's about 25m over 50s in the UK, so a total of 50m jabs. As they've done about 14m so far that leaves 36m, which would be an average of 333K per day (assuming 7 days per week) between now and end of May, so they're certainly on course to meet this and will do it in the first week of May if the current rate is kept up.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The official government 'R' rate has dropped below 1 for the first time since July 2020, currently between 0.7-0.9, lockdown is working.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here