Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Am I correct in thinking then that the majority of the population, thus far uncontaminated with the virus, will now be safe from contracting this thing?

Positive for us of other nations being further ahead in the timeline - see what happens after lockdown.................who knows..................I wouldn't think so though - more likely the reason people haven't contracted it is because they haven't been exposed to it, not because they have some form of immunity

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
This made me laugh :D

3354875A-9D61-4C19-A4E1-9C86F0242190.jpeg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Harry’s losing consciousness

Harry got his first ever infraction for that post by our leader, presumably not realising my black humour was a reference to a classic episode of Bottom, when Eddie decided the best way to appease the Devil was to offer some of his own blood. A Tackle household standard refernce to folly. Perhaps the reference was too obscure, and my punishment is taken with equanimity. Apologies to those I have offended.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Well the Chinese have put the first vaccine in for clinical trials, so that has to be good news.

Plus, I went to Sainsbury's at lunchtime and they had bread on the shelves :)

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Some good news.
Sorry if already posted but I can't be bothered ploghing through 135 posts.

*China has closed down its last coronavirus hospital. Not enough new cases to support them.
*Doctors in India have been successful in treating Coronavirus. Combination of drugs used: Lopinavir, Retonovir, Oseltamivir along with Chlorphenamine. They are going to suggest same medicine, globally.
*Researchers of the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody against coronavirus.
*A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.
*Apple reopens all 42 china stores,
*Cleveland Clinic developed a COVID-19 test that gives results in hours, not days.
*Good news from South Korea, where the number of new cases is declining.
*Italy is hit hard, experts say, only because they have the oldest population in Europe.
*Scientists in Israel likely to announce the development of a coronavirus vaccine.
*3 Maryland coronavirus patients fully recovered; able to return to everyday life.
*A network of Canadian scientists are making excellent progress in Covid-19 research.
*A San Diego biotech company is developing a Covid-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.
*Tulsa County's first positive COVID-19 case has recovered. This individual has had two negative tests, which is the indicator of recovery.
*All 7 patients who were getting treated for at Safdarjung hospital in New Delhi have recovered.
*Plasma from newly recovered patients from Covid -19 can treat others infected by Covid-19.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The end of the tobacco industry. Or at least a massive blow to it

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Mayor of Georgetown New York State goes for a slash during a televised Coronavirus meeting but forgets to turn his mic off [emoji23][emoji90]

https://youtu.be/pgbPvhzyCzs

I saw that the other day and was going to put it on here somewhere. I think it's possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen on the internet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
waldo.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here