Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
No, she has cancer, and is undergoing chemotherapy, so she has had 3 Primary vaccinations and a booster!

FBF, wishing you and your wife all the best. I have nothing but admiration for people with such grit, fight and mutual support, in the quest to beat such a tough illness. My Missus has been on chemo for 8 years now, and we never quite know when she’s going to have ok/good days or really bad days. She is an amazingly strong person, and I would imagine Mrs FBF is made of similar fortitude. All the best.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
DT extract

Covid hospitalisation levels in London are back to pre-omicron levels, according to the latest figures.

NHS data for the capital show that the number of patients in hospital primarily with Covid is now 788 – the lowest primary cases have been since Oct 25.

Although the total number of Covid patients in London hospitals is 2,295, nearly two thirds are primarily being treated for other conditions but have also tested positive for the virus.

Hospitalisations are also continuing to fall in England as a whole, with both total and primary Covid patient numbers the lowest they has been since the start of January.

The number of patients being treated primarily for Covid in England is now 5,719 – just 47 per cent of the overall figure of 11,967. The latest dashboard data show that cases, admission and deaths are all continuing to fall week-on-week, despite the addition of reinfections.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Posting this here, because OAZ’s work was integral to much of the good news over the last 14 months (AKA saving countless lives).

On BBC2 shortly:

4AA3337F-F476-4E1C-8C37-B41375C143B2.png

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Last edited:

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
This thread seems conspicuous by its absence these days, since the thirst for good news has subsided as our lives have returned largely to normal. However, I just thought it’s remarkable how quickly cases are coming down the UK with a backdrop of virtually no measures whatsoever. There have been times during this pandemic when I’ve honestly wondered how it will ever end, but today it seems clearer than ever that this, too, shall pass.

0EC973B4-10FA-4F3B-A017-DBAA6C4933A4.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here