Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hugo Gye
@HugoGye
·
15m
As of yesterday, in England the following in each age group have had at least 1 vaccine dose:

16-29 22%
30-34 49%
35-39 68%
40-44 84%
45-49 83%
50-54 91%
55-59 97%
60-64 99%
65-69 95%
70-74 98%
75-79 100%
80+ 97%

Hugo Gye
@HugoGye
Replying to
@HugoGye
As of yesterday, in England the following in each age group have had both vaccine doses:

16-29 12%
30-34 19%
35-39 22%
40-44 29%
45-49 34%
50-54 57%
55-59 66%
60-64 86%
65-69 90%
70-74 95%
75-79 100%
80+ 93%

Incredible numbers in the age groups that count most. With other vulnerable folk eg asthmatics of a younger age double vax'd within those lower percentages.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Hugo Gye
@HugoGye
·
15m
As of yesterday, in England the following in each age group have had at least 1 vaccine dose:

16-29 22%
30-34 49%
35-39 68%
40-44 84%
45-49 83%
50-54 91%
55-59 97%
60-64 99%
65-69 95%
70-74 98%
75-79 100%
80+ 97%
Hugo Gye
@HugoGye
Replying to
@HugoGye
As of yesterday, in England the following in each age group have had both vaccine doses:

16-29 12%
30-34 19%
35-39 22%
40-44 29%
45-49 34%
50-54 57%
55-59 66%
60-64 86%
65-69 90%
70-74 95%
75-79 100%
80+ 93%

Impressed with the percentage of younger people already jabbed. Was expecting lower

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Blackburn have had to open a second Covid ward - but every single one of the patients is someone who has not been vaccinated. Most if not all of them old enough to have been, but chose not too.

Not good news for them, but good news for those that have been vaccinated even once - it works.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Blackburn have had to open a second Covid ward - but every single one of the patients is someone who has not been vaccinated. Most if not all of them old enough to have been, but chose not too.

Not good news for them, but good news for those that have been vaccinated even once - it works.

More needs making of this. It's not fair to write off everyone who chooses not to get vaccinated as an anti-vax crackpot (I don't have the perspective of someone who has suffered major socioeconomic disadvantage and therefore such distrust in government and authority) however it's an absolute tragedy that people are becoming ill and even dying when they absolutely needn't have done, not to mention the risk all that poses to our recovery as a nation.

Last edited:

Jul 7, 2003
More needs making of this. It's not fair to write off everyone who chooses not to get vaccinated as an anti-vax crackpot (I don't have the perspective of someone who has suffered major socioeconomic disadvantage and therefore such distrust in government and authority) however it's an absolute tragedy that people are becoming ill and even dying when they absolutely needn't have done, not to mention the risk all that poses to our recovery as a nation.

Couldn't agree more. All this focus on rising numbers rather than the cause is another example of how some parts of our media love a scare story.

The headlines should be "vaccines proven to be working and you must get your vaccine now".

Sadly, that doesn't make for dramatic headlines so they choose to go with stuff like "third wave imminent as infections rise again".

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Which brings us to the point, why should the rest of the country have to continue with these restrictions and forgo a normal life just because a minority of selfish people wont get vaccinated !

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
A top US Anti-Vaxxer has been hospitalised with Covid. Whilst I obviously hope he recovers, it hopefully sends out an important message to his followers about getting protected. It’s certainly delicious irony with him stating that vaccines would ‘wipe out stupid people’; what a mess.

https://www.joe.co.uk/news/anti-vax...caRDPGkzIDF7jKJ-mv4pEC1uvrsWp_hoA9Oym-l_qUVdg

I am struggling to handle this.

I so desperately don't want to gloat.
I know it makes me a lesser person and brings me down to his level. And that his illness will be causing pain to many of those around him that might not share his views.

But then I read some of the stuff he has said...

And realise that I will just have to ask for forgiveness for the feelings I can't suppress.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Without wishing to derail this thread with vaccine discussions, it should also be noted for balance that some people haven't had the vaccine because they cannot do so for medical reasons. It's not a lot, and the majority of those who haven't will be refusals, but those who choose not to are putting at risk not just those of us who have had it but especially those who would probably love to have it but are unable to do so.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Blackburn, near Darwen.

They should rename it Darwin due to all the darwinism up there.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Without wishing to derail this thread with vaccine discussions, it should also be noted for balance that some people haven't had the vaccine because they cannot do so for medical reasons. It's not a lot, and the majority of those who haven't will be refusals, but those who choose not to are putting at risk not just those of us who have had it but especially those who would probably love to have it but are unable to do so.

Absolutely, and these people should be offered support by the state.

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
Absolutely, and these people should be offered support by the state.

Or give them Ivermectin which is a safe drug used for decades .It has been proven in India recently .The states that gave it to their citizens the curve has dropped like a stone and the ones that went by WHO misinformation and did not take the drug it has got worse .

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I am struggling to handle this.

I so desperately don't want to gloat.
I know it makes me a lesser person and brings me down to his level. And that his illness will be causing pain to many of those around him that might not share his views.

But then I read some of the stuff he has said...

And realise that I will just have to ask for forgiveness for the feelings I can't suppress.

I wouldn’t feel too guilty. Every time one of these influential conspiracy theorists or anti-vax nutters falls ill, it’ll have a positive influence on all the people that were following their social media videos over the advice of highly qualified doctors. Their publicised suffering will save the suffering and lives of potentially thousands.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A top US Anti-Vaxxer has been hospitalised with Covid. Whilst I obviously hope he recovers, it hopefully sends out an important message to his followers about getting protected. It’s certainly delicious irony with him stating that vaccines would ‘wipe out stupid people’; what a mess.

https://www.joe.co.uk/news/anti-vax...caRDPGkzIDF7jKJ-mv4pEC1uvrsWp_hoA9Oym-l_qUVdg

May not ostensibly seem good, but the more people who are caught out like this, some even seriously and some even dying, will ultimately make some of their idiotic followers think twice and the result will be more lives saved.

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
I fear this Good News Thread is drifting...

If Ivermectin does work against Covid 19 then it`s good news ,another weapon against Covid 19. A lot of places like Zimbabwe ,India ,Peru ,Argentina ,Mexico City cannot get enough Vaccines and the drug has been effective .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here