NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A3149A92-0F17-4DDE-A7C9-9341B302974B.png

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They are open now and I don’t think the take up from younger/not at risk is as high

Hopefully shows once the most at risk are done We can reopen

I read an article last week that said takeup among the U40s was only about 60%......just shows if you protect the more vulnerable you get this thing under control. We’re well on the way :)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
They are open now and I don’t think the take up from younger/not at risk is as high

Hopefully shows once the most at risk are done We can reopen

The decline of COVID in Israel.

This chart is indexed to the peak of cases and shows the relative decline by age group since then.

For some time there was a slight temporary rise among younger people (who get vaccinated last).

But recently cases declined for all age groups.

[tweet]1374682139598405634[/tweet]

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
U K infections down , hospitalisations down , deaths down ! .... we are on the road to normality....

And for me? Today I received the second Pfizer vaccination, 12 weeks after the first one. In a couple of weeks I will feel invincible!

It's funny you say that, because I had my first Pfizer five weeks ago and then my second dose last week (long story!) and I did distinctly feel a sense of 'invincibility'. I remember when this was all new and particularly scary a year ago, it felt genuinely edgy to leave the house to go to the supermarket. Now it's a case of "Come and 'ave a go if you think yer 'ard enough".

Of course, I'm still living sensibly - there's a chance I could still infect another person were I to come into contact with the virus and I wouldn't want to pass it on to my wife who isn't vaccinated (or anyone else for that matter), but there's definitely something quite liberating about it.

Watch me get hit by a bus now...

Yoda

English & European
Of course, I'm still living sensibly - there's a chance I could still infect another person were I to come into contact with the virus and I wouldn't want to pass it on to my wife who isn't vaccinated (or anyone else for that matter), but there's definitely something quite liberating about it.

I seem to remember Chris Whitty say on one of the briefings that the thinking is, if you've had the jab you protect unvaccinated people you live with by 30%.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Daily stats - notable today is the new high for 2nd jabs (also 700k jabs in total) :

Infections - 4,715, rolling 7 day up 4%
Deaths - 58, rolling 7 day down 31.6% (7 days 451)
Admissions - 363, rolling 7 day down 20.8%
Jabs - 411k 1st and 283k 2nd, cumulative 29.7m and 3.3m
In hospital - 4,560 (still approx twice as many leaving hospital as going in)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I class this as good news

On 27 March 2021, 850 historic cases were removed from the dashboard. Due to a laboratory processing error these tests were reported as positive when they should have been recorded as void. This affected specimen dates between 23 and 25 March in local authorities primarily in the North East and Yorkshire. The cumulative total number of people tested positive was revised down on 27 March 2021. Historic published date totals have not been changed.

Stumpy Tim

Daily stats - notable today is the new high for 2nd jabs (also 700k jabs in total) :

Infections - 4,715, rolling 7 day up 4%
Deaths - 58, rolling 7 day down 31.6% (7 days 451)
Admissions - 363, rolling 7 day down 20.8%
Jabs - 411k 1st and 283k 2nd, cumulative 29.7m and 3.3m
In hospital - 4,560 (still approx twice as many leaving hospital as going in)

What's encouraging is that despite the reported slow down in vaccine available, there were still 411k first jabs. We must be very confident in having availability of the second jabs to be doing this kind of number.

Just need to get a big delivery of the Moderna vaccines to get us Under 50's jabbed.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I class this as good news

On 27 March 2021, 850 historic cases were removed from the dashboard. Due to a laboratory processing error these tests were reported as positive when they should have been recorded as void. This affected specimen dates between 23 and 25 March in local authorities primarily in the North East and Yorkshire. The cumulative total number of people tested positive was revised down on 27 March 2021. Historic published date totals have not been changed.

So do I. The checking challenges and validates the accuracy and credibility of the figures.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-56547727

Ok, so this one’s pushing the boundaries of coronavirus related a little, but I think it’s good news that once we’re done with this whole sorry affair, we’re not going to be smashed into smithereens by a massive, intergalactic space rock.

I mean that would just have been typical of these last twelve months, wouldn’t it? One to tick off the ‘things to be anxious about’ list, at least. :)

Last edited:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-56547727

Ok, so this one’s pushing the boundaries of coronavirus related a little, but I think it’s good news that once we’re done with this whole sorry affair, we’re not going to be smashed into smithereens by a massive, intergalactic space rock.

I mean that would just have been typical of these last twelve months, wouldn’t it? One to tick off the ‘things to be anxious about’ list, at least. :)
Dunky would have headed it clear

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Numbers update.......infections and deaths showing notably low figures

Infections - 3,862, rolling 7 day down 1.7%
Deaths - 19, rolling 7 day (437), down 31.7%
Admissions - 343 (not updated), rolling 7 day down 20.8% (down 683)
Vaccs - 423k 1st and 234k 2nd, cumulative 30.1m and 3.5m
People in hospital - 4,560 (not updated)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here