Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Keep these positive posts coming, it’s the best thread on NSC atm.

I understand that those being vaccinated at the Brighton Centre can park free in Churchill Square car park for one hour. I love these little touches and the thought that has gone into them. Also a taxi firm (can’t remember which) is offering free travel to/from vaccine centres for those who can’t afford it.

Uber, apparently includes all the mass vaccination centres!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....rive-free-trips-mass-vaccination-centres/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Liking that graph a lot.

I hope ours will show similar, especially because it will prove the second jab was okay to extend a few weeks.

It's also worth bearing in mind that Israel are seeing these results when they're still in the midst of quite a bad outbreak. Our latest wave is on the wane already, so hopefully things will improve even more quickly for us in terms of cases and hospitalisations.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Not wanting to tread on Marshys toes here, but my wife has just sent through the latest figures for both BSUH, and WSHT.
They reckon we have hit the peak, and numbers are starting to slowly decline again. BSUH has 38 in ICU, and WSHT 32. Its a definite slow down of both cases & ICU patients from what I can see.
She also told me that 85% of their staff are now vaccinated, which is resulting in a lot more positivity at the hospital about beating this virus :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
To back up the local hard evidence.......

25,308 positive cases reported - rolling 7 day number now down 28.9%
3,082 new hospital admissions - rolling 7 day number now down 9.4% and patients in hospital now starting to decline
311,060 vaccinations - 7.164m first doses now administered

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
For those unfortunate enough to have lost employment through all of this I was reading that there are currently 112,000 jobs going in the Care Industry.

It may not be a preferred choice of work for some but at least there are plenty of positions available. Snap them up.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I feel guilty saying it but with the weeks and months of updates, I sometimes feel numb to the data on deaths. However, this recent total of 100,000+ figure is just extraordinarily sad and really gives pause for thought. What a terrible time this is. So many people affected in so many different ways. The only positive I can find is the tremendous resilience of those working in the NHS and care settings, as well as all those key workers in various walks of life.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
My parents, both late 70's got vaccinated in Crowborough yesterday. My Dad, who is not generally in favour of vaccinations reached the conclusion that there is no viable alternative. Hopefully other sceptics, when it comes down to it, take the same pragmatic approach

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I consider it good news that in less than a month we will start to get an idea as to what our route out of all this looks like. I think that will help people’s mental health no end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here