Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Excellent news if accurate.

Does that then cause a lesser problem in identifying who's who? Assume those who test positive (had it) don't need to be under the same restrictions. Could wear a green armband or something ???

Then again the unruly yoof would all be out with them regardless

Someone smarter than me can work it out I'm sure

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Does that then cause a lesser problem in identifying who's who? Assume those who test positive (had it) don't need to be under the same restrictions. Could wear a green armband or something ???

So many logistical questions.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Put a permanent dye on the middle finger of those who have had it. Then if approached by anyone they can respond appropriately.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Governor Cuomo has just done a press conference. He was saying on Sunday that the projections were that hospitalizations would double every 2 days, he now says that with all the measures the State has taken the projection is that they will double every 4.4 days which is good news for New Yorkers as it appears the measures are having an impact on the numbers. He said the theory was that because of the density of NYC the virus would initially spread quickly in the early days but that with people observing the new rules the spread should hopefully also decline as quickly. We can but hope

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The well known American restaurant chain called Hooters has had to shut due to Covid 19. They now operate a delivery service. As a result they have changed their name to Knockers

hooters-850x638.jpg

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Todays death count is a big reduction on yesterday (28 to 87), and we are no longer matching Italy two weeks ago (827 to 462).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Really? The Supermarkets don't seem to have run out of booze, generally cheaper too - and off-licences being open makes no difference to those in lockdown/isolation.

Thank you Mr Empathy, your comments have been noted, and ignored.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Todays death count is a big reduction on yesterday (28 to 87), and we are no longer matching Italy two weeks ago (827 to 462).

The UK as a whole had 43 deaths today, taking the total to 465, Italy reached 463 by Monday 9 March. Tentatively, we’re looking at a more shallow rise in the mortality rate here. As that second week of March progressed, Italy was experiencing 250 fatalities a day.

Spain’s figures were steady, then took off a week ago, going from 107 to 738 deaths a day, in a week.

The talk for the UK is now of a ‘hoped for’ 20,000 deaths if everyone abides by the restrictions applying to them. A week ago, the general chatter was 200,000 to 1.5 million deaths.

Trump, it appears, could learn lessons from the work and discipline in some other nations across the world.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Charles has the virus and he met his mum yesterday.

:nono: I thought this was supposed to be the good news thread.

After Nick Witchells comments I was concerned for our future kings welfare.

"Prince Charles and Camilla will be following governmental advice and isolating separately. It's not a huge house by any means but will hopefully be big enough to isolate yourself within it."

2FC8D21C00000578-0-image-a-39_1451954581509.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
:nono: I thought this was supposed to be the good news thread.

After Nick Witchells comments I was concerned for our future kings welfare.

"Prince Charles and Camilla will be following governmental advice and isolating separately. It's not a huge house by any means but will hopefully be big enough to isolate yourself within it."

View attachment 121470

A wing and walled garden each?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The UK as a whole had 43 deaths today, taking the total to 465, Italy reached 463 by Monday 9 March. Tentatively, we’re looking at a more shallow rise in the mortality rate here. As that second week of March progressed, Italy was experiencing 250 fatalities a day.

Spain’s figures were steady, then took off a week ago, going from 107 to 738 deaths a day, in a week.

The talk for the UK is now of a ‘hoped for’ 20,000 deaths if everyone abides by the restrictions applying to them. A week ago, the general chatter was 200,000 to 1.5 million deaths.

Trump, it appears, could learn lessons from the work and discipline in some other nations across the world.

Given that social distancing should mean we hit our peak in about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks, recent figures suggest we should be hoping for less than 20,000, no?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Wimbledon looks likely to be cancelled so no £45,000 for all the first round losers, who will work for approximately 2 hours to be rewarded for losing or the equivalent of nearly double the average NHS nurses annual pay. Equally no £2.35m for the winners, or the equivalent of 96 nurses full year salaries for 2 week's work (not forgetting the many sponsorship s and image rights they will almost certainly be earning as week). Hopefully when this shit show is over tournaments like Wimbledon and other top level sports will begin to show a little morality in what they pay against all of the key workers who matter so much more to us than any sport star ever could.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here