Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
the bona fide self employed are in a bit of a hole re furlough payments aren't they ....? reams of paperwork involved , asset testing etc.. that's all.

It’s actually exceptionally easy to get the grant. Unless one has been nawty in previous years.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It’s actually exceptionally easy to get the grant. Unless one has been nawty in previous years.

thankfully i have not become dependent on it yet and i would only use it as an absolute last resort , i have lived on salad sandwiches and water plenty of times before and am prepared to do it again rather than depend on a system that frankly , i detest.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
thankfully i have not become dependent on it yet and i would only use it as an absolute last resort , i have lived on salad sandwiches and water plenty of times before and am prepared to do it again rather than depend on a system that frankly , i detest.

Seems a bit unnecessary when it’s there for people to use. The Right Honourable Rotters Club probably spend more in an evening at the bar. Fill your boots.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Seems a bit unnecessary when it’s there for people to use. The Right Honourable Rotters Club probably spend more in an evening at the bar. Fill your boots.

i don't want anything from them , corrupt ******** to a man , billionaires such as Rinehart , Forrest , Palmer etc have done very well this year , Rinehart , some how has increased her net wealth from from 18 billion to 23 billion and our beloved prime idiot Morisson has managed to bank in excess of 20 million since March this year , and yet i i wish to apply for job keeper i am unable to as i am a sole trader and therefore not an " employee".

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
i don't want anything from them , corrupt ******** to a man , billionaires such as Rinehart , Forrest , Palmer etc have done very well this year , Rinehart , some how has increased her net wealth from from 18 billion to 23 billion and our beloved prime idiot Morisson has managed to bank in excess of 20 million since March this year , and yet i i wish to apply for job keeper i am unable to as i am a sole trader and therefore not an " employee".

You understand the money doesn’t actually come from them? Form their pockets?

Oh well, enjoy your salad sandwiches. That’ll show ‘em.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Think I do, those Self Employed that have been proper nawty and not let HMRC know what they are up to (cash in hand payments etc.) are going to be screwed.

Those of us that have followed the rules and submitted audited accounts will be OK? Seems fair to me.

What about those who have only been self employed for a year and prior to that were a paye tax payer (non stop) for the previous 33 years?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I’m getting close to tapping the sign, guys...

saulth

May 28, 2020
Scientists have found the strongest evidence yet that people who recover from Covid may mount a much faster and more effective defence against the infection if they encounter the virus again.

Researchers at Rockefeller University in New York found that the immune system not only remembered the virus but improved the quality of protective antibodies after an infection had passed, equipping the body to unleash a swift and potent attack if the virus invaded a second time.

“It’s very good news,” said Michel Nussenzweig, the head of molecular immunology at Rockerfeller and a senior author of the study. “The expectation is that people should be able to produce a rapid antibody response and resist infection in a large number of cases.”

It is unclear how long the immune system’s memory might last, but Nussenzweig said it could potentially provide some protection for years. The discovery may explain why verified re-infections from the virus are so far quite rare.

When people are infected with coronavirus, the immune system launches a multi-pronged attack. One form of protection comes from T cells, which seek and destroy infected cells, and so prevent the virus from spreading. A second front involves B cells, which release antibodies into the blood. Antibodies latch on to the virus and stop it from invading cells in the first place. after an infection had passed, equipping the body to unleash a swift and potent attack if the virus invaded a second time.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ger-post-infection-coronavirus-scientists-say

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
This is good news. It’s been criminal how unaware people are of how widespread Vitamin D deficiency is and how it’s vital to the Immune system.

421BFA23-3AD9-4B34-8B6B-525A4DDEE46B.jpeg

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
This is good news. It’s been criminal how unaware people are of how widespread Vitamin D deficiency is and how it’s vital to the Immune system.

View attachment 130271

I had a full blood test last November; I was as the doctor put it “clinically deficient” in vitamin D - close to zero in fact. I was put onto a dose of 40,000ui per week (standard RDA is about 600) - that’s how low I was.

I was a normal, 34 year old bloke, reasonably fit and otherwise healthy. I just happened to work in an office and spent the bulk of my time indoors.

This year more so than ever people are going to be suffering low levels - it’s really important that the message is heard and acted upon.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

View attachment 130271

What are your qualifications doh?

:ffsparr:

:lol:

Funny how the media and government go on about staying indoors, yet don’t tell how important vitamin D is. I think a lack of it is a big factor is developing cancer.

Get outside as much as you can people, you don’t have to mix with people, just get some sun, or your immune system will be impacted if you don’t.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here