Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm confident it will be much more than that, though if they can get every taker over, say 40, done before this time next year then we should have a relatively normal winter 2021

Someone involved in the programme said it should take a maximum of 6 months, but probably "far faster than that". Bear in mind the plan isn't to vaccinate everyone, won't be needed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
surely once the vulnerable and elderley are vaccinated then its pretty much job done.

I'm sure they'd keep a little cautious for a few weeks or so, but if deaths and hospitalisations absolutely plummet, then yes.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm confident it will be much more than that, though if they can get every taker over, say 40, done before this time next year then we should have a relatively normal winter 2021

they rollout a flu vaccine to over 30m every year, the process is in place.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Extended as well

That IS Good News, my turnover & hence income has plummeted.

Luckily Mrs Jakarta is on a Head Teachers Pension and I do some work for a University as an Hourly Paid Lecturer so we are getting by.

Ridiculous in a way as I have a load of Clients wanting me to come to their Sites but obviously cannot do it at present.

Once all this is over I reckon I will be working 7 days a week to catch up!

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
That IS Good News, my turnover & hence income has plummeted.

Luckily Mrs Jakarta is on a Head Teachers Pension and I do some work for a University as an Hourly Paid Lecturer so we are getting by.

Ridiculous in a way as I have a load of Clients wanting me to come to their Sites but obviously cannot do it at present.

Once all this is over I reckon I will be working 7 days a week to catch up!

Just a question and not a dig but why can’t you go to their sites if they want you to ? I was always under the impression that the official line was, work from home if you can, go to work if you can’t.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Just a question and not a dig but why can’t you go to their sites if they want you to ? I was always under the impression that the official line was, work from home if you can, go to work if you can’t.

They don't want me on there as I am not one of their normal workforce and a potential COVID spreader.

They want/need me one there but not at the moment. Pissing me off and reducing my Bank Balance in equal amounts...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I read that as lockdowns 3, 4 ... will continue until the end of March

I would expect some level of restrictions to last until at least Feb/March, given how long it takes to vaccinate and then study the effects on infection and hospitalisation rates, etc. Doesn't mean this level of lockdown will last.

Here's hoping, anyway.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
They don't want me on there as I am not one of their normal workforce and a potential COVID spreader.

They want/need me one there but not at the moment. Pissing me off and reducing my Bank Balance in equal amounts...

Ahh makes sense, must be frustrating knowing you could easily carry your work out, but not being able to, you be busy in the long run though !

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Not sure what to make of this post so I will let it go

Think I do, those Self Employed that have been proper nawty and not let HMRC know what they are up to (cash in hand payments etc.) are going to be screwed.

Those of us that have followed the rules and submitted audited accounts will be OK? Seems fair to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here