Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Anyone got any idea why the media and everyone continue to push this second wave and cases rising hysteria when facts are the opposite.

Really strange

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Understood, I’ve just realized now that the Coronavirus good news thread is for more of a Trump optimism take on events :smile:
I will take my pesky negativity elsewhere.

That’s not actually fair or accurate..but certainly an opinion to debate on the sub forum :)

I would add that the main posters on this thread just don’t meekly follow MSM and find other sources that generally just stick to facts rather than headlines ..and yes it’s a Good News Thread ..so we stick to that type

Last edited:

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Because infections have risen in July in parallel with the easing of lockdown.

But as Poojah shows in post #3177 that only seems to be because there has been an upturn in the number of tests. If you look at positive tests as a proportion of total tests this has barely changed despite the easing of lockdown restrictions.

This suggests that infections are not increasing.

saulth

May 28, 2020
I'm still scratching my head about this but let's hope it turns out to be good and not a rushed job.

Russia will register its first vaccine against the coronavirus on 12 August, Deputy Health Minister Oleg Gridnev said on Friday, according to a report.

The vaccine has been developed jointly by the Gamaleya Research Institute and the Russian Defence Ministry.

"At the moment, the last, third, stage is underway. The trials are extremely important. We have to understand that the vaccine must be safe. Medical professionals and senior citizens will be the first to get vaccinated," Gridnev told reporters at the opening of a cancer centre building in the city of Ufa, according to Sputnik News.

https://www.livemint.com/news/world...ext-week-by-russia-report-11596802242325.html

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Think this article hasn't been posted yet? Gives some truly positive sings regarding ratio of daily patients admitted to ICU and significant increase in survival of ICU patients.

https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/covid-19-declining-admissions-to-intensive-care-units/

So fewer people being admitted to hospital, of those that are, fewer ending up in ICU, and of those that do fewer are dying.

I expect with fewer people to care for and better treatments its leading to more positive outcomes. Great news.

saulth

May 28, 2020
Only 2 deaths in all Italy today.

And some very interesting data coming from Spain:

IMG_20200809_131137.jpg

Some experts are arguing that the dramatic decrease in CFR can be explained by the massively higher testing capacity, but it does seem to me that for some reason the infections lead to a less severe illness now. From the same source, 60% of recent cases are asymptomatic, 37% mild and only 3% require hospitalisation.

A CFR below 0.2% is HUGE news anyway. That's basically flu-like severity.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Only 2 deaths in all Italy today.

And some very interesting data coming from Spain:

View attachment 126916

Some experts are arguing that the dramatic decrease in CFR can be explained by the massively higher testing capacity, but it does seem to me that for some reason the infections lead to a less severe illness now. From the same source, 60% of recent cases are asymptomatic, 37% mild and only 3% require hospitalisation.

A CFR below 0.2% is HUGE news anyway. That's basically flu-like severity.

Aye...more emphasis (information..figures etc) in UK really needs to be placed on what happens after someone is tested positive

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here