Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This continues....despite so many doom-mongers 'certain' that decent weather/VE Day/rule busing/beach trips will kick off a second wave. It simply isn't happening (not just here, but anywhere else, with many countries being weeks ahead of us) - so a continued (but perhaps accelerated if the data persists) cautious lifting of restrictions should remain the plan. Think the Government are getting this more or less right at the moment.

Ohh you wouldnt get away with that comment on the Covid forum :D

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Through whatever mutation process this very much seems to be weakening. Hopefully that will go some.way to ensuring a second wave has nothing like the impact this has had

I think there is more evidence coming out all the time, that this mutation and weakening process could be behind a lot of the trends worldwide.

This is good news in so many ways: Obviously it is lessening the need for a vaccine, it lessens the chance of a second wave, and it can't be adversely effected by Government, no matter how totally incompetent they are :thumbsup:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
NHS England announce only 88 deaths ON A WEDNESDAY, typically the biggest NHS England total of the week. Down from 179 last Wednesday.

Remarkable.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Latest tweet from the Professor

It's now four days in a row in Northern Ireland with no new Coronavirus fatalities reported.

Reported infections there have been in single figures for the last few days (13 today).

Really good news, let's hope it continues.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
NHS England announce only 88 deaths ON A WEDNESDAY, typically the biggest NHS England total of the week. Down from 179 last Wednesday.

Remarkable.

Apparently 20 dates included in that ..only 11 in last 24 hours(?) ..although that may change tomorrow ..according to this

[tweet]1270711847641989125[/tweet]

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
So close to under 1000 new infections! 245 deaths down from 359 last Wednesday.

65620EFE-CCD4-45F5-9174-702A920F7040.jpeg

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Single adults and single parent families can form a bubble with another household. This includes being able to go in their houses, stay overnight and not observe social distancing.

As a single parent this has now created the dilemma of having to pick between my Mum or my Dad and step mum. And 3 children who want to spend time with both sets of grandparents. This could get messy.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Single adults and single parent families can form a bubble with another household. This includes being able to go in their houses, stay overnight and not observe social distancing.

As a single parent this has now created the dilemma of having to pick between my Mum or my Dad and step mum. And 3 children who want to spend time with both sets of grandparents. This could get messy.

You would hope it will be further expanded in about a month, to families being able to see each other generally. So hopefully not a hard choice for too long.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

I'd apply the Cummings formula to that. See them all.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Infection numbers are falling off a cliff....hugely positive.

I’m increasingly of the opinion that this thing is dying out, one way or another. People are mixing way, way more than they were two months ago, and yet numbers continue to decline. I’m not an expert by any means so take this with a huge dollop of salt, I’m merely looking at the trends in this country and others, but my prediction is that we will be virtually Covid-free by September (if not a little sooner).

I still think we will see schools reopen as normal and full stadiums by that point, I really do. Borders will be trickier, but if we’re genuinely rid of this pestilence by then, so will many other countries. I wouldn’t be planning any visits to the States just yet, however...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m increasingly of the opinion that this thing is dying out, one way or another. People are mixing way, way more than they were two months ago, and yet numbers continue to decline. I’m not an expert by any means so take this with a huge dollop of salt, I’m merely looking at the trends in this country and others, but my prediction is that we will be virtually Covid-free by September (if not a little sooner).

I still think we will see schools reopen as normal and full stadiums by that point, I really do. Borders will be trickier, but if we’re genuinely rid of this pestilence by then, so will many other countries. I wouldn’t be planning any visits to the States just yet, however...

I agree.......so many signs point to this fizzling out to a large extent. I have crossed Brazil off my holiday destination list for a bit though

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Agreed. I think it’ll be August so that we have some type of ‘summer’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here