Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Thanks for this - is this all Tesco's, or just some?
Is there a source / link for more info?

Nationwide. Was on the news. My store manager posted this on facebook:

"From this Sunday we will open the shop at 9 for all colleagues and NHS workers. This will be every Sunday. All we ask is if you are an NHS worker you bring some id such as staff card. If you are colleague and are shopping in a store you don’t work in...take some id so they know you’re staff...

Shopping can’t go through tills til 10 due to Sunday trading laws"

Get there at 9 as they will still open the store at 9:30 for the general public as normal, I would think.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Residents of Barcelona applauding health workers as they leave hospital after fighting to treat people infected by Covid19

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Oil prices could go negative says an analyst at Mizuho securities. “The cost of storing excess supply may make it cheaper to pay customers to take it away.” So fill up and I’ll give you a tenner. Great if not locked down...

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Oil prices could go negative says an analyst at Mizuho securities. “The cost of storing excess supply may make it cheaper to pay customers to take it away.” So fill up and I’ll give you a tenner. Great if not locked down...
In a capitalist global economy falling oil prices is not a good thing - it can lead to a deflationary spiral.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Bad News: I was given a parking ticket yesterday (my front tyre was on a yellow so my fault) as I scurried around our Brighton sites making sure my staff were ok and ready for home-working and close downs.

Good News: The council will have £35 more to spend on the public.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Good News: today I received an email from Virgin telling me that my tickets are ready for printing, for our holiday in Jamaica at the end of April.

Bad News: Jamaica is (apparently) closed to all except Jamaica Nationals.

I'm confused (and isolated).

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
My company and the Planners next door have had words with our (normally private) car park's attendants to get them to let in as many NHS staff as possible - we're right next door to the biggest hospital in Leeds.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
5 engineering firms have already sent prototype ventilators to the NHS for assessment. If they are successfully tested, they can then ramp up production.

On the BBC yesterday they had a story that Formula 1 teams were offering their engineering facilities to provide more ventilators.

A number of teams have applied-technologies divisions that could directly feed into the national production capacity of ventilators in the UK and Italy, particularly McLaren, Red Bull, Williams, Mercedes and Ferrari.

But all teams have advanced manufacturing capability that could potentially be used to make complex devices such as this, and as many will help as can.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/51963897

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here