Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Collapse(s)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can't argue with that. RDZ's biggest flaw IMO is game management. He knows how to get us to play in a way I could never imagine. BUT SOMETIMES I'd like it if we just sat back, were solid for a few minutes and absorbed pressure.

It was so obvious Luton would come out like a rocket last night. Why wouldn't we sit a bit lower, let them fluff a few chances, then ease our way into the game... That's what the best teams do.

The 43rd minutes DANGER ZONE is really starting to piss me off quite frankly.
I thought we were more circumspect at both West Ham and home to Wolves. West Ham I felt we did anticipate them starting strongly at home, we absorbed that, then really went at them second half without really giving a chance up. The only thing that went wrong there was just snatching at chances - I put that down to a bit of inexperience and lack of composure.

Wolves, again they did have moments in the first half where they broke with real purpose, but while a yawn fest of a game, I think some of that was due to us being more cautious about Wolves potential to counter and that cost us creating our own chances.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
It's clear that we're missing all our wingers.

It's clear that we're missing Caicedo and Mac Allister.

It's also clear that RDZ is struggling to adapt to a more pragmatic approach when things are going against him.

And the piss poor defensive record really is inexcusable. It's not just "play style" they don't seem to know what they're supposed to be doing half the time, giving runners completely free rein.

RDZ rode the wave of introducing a new tactical system to the PL, now other teams know how to counter it. In our current 3-5-2 system we seem extra exposed, that's true.

Now is the time for RDZ to prove himself as a top manager, not just complain in the media about refereeing quality, bringing in more players or badmouthing Baleba and Dahoud.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We set up badly Saturday, got away with it, we set up the same last night and got handed out arse after 3 minutes. The overload down the left we just didn't deal with it. Steele's kicking was awful and he never comes off his line to meet crosses.

RDZ has to take the blame for the way we set up.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not buying fatigue as a reason/excuse. They had two weeks off.
There's mental as well as physical. In the planned development of players like Buanotte, Hinshelwood, Ferguson etc. I dare say they would be no where near the number of first team minutes they've already racked up. There is no time or room for the likes of Estupinan to return slowly back from injury. We've played weeks without recognised full backs or wingers, Hinshelwood not only coming in at 18, but having to play out of his natural position. They aren't excuses, they are just the facts of our squad and the pressure it's been under, winter break or not.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
RDZ has tried to play attacking football when the vast majority of our attacking/creative talent is in the physio room or on international duty. It hasn't worked and has made our defending even worse than it was already. Learn from it and move on.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Haven't we just played Sheffield United who are a bottom side?
One swallow, and that was a cup tie too. Surely you know the difference? And have our results for many seasons against bottom sides been so bad you’ve amnesia?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here