Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The coach last night

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
The last time I went to Forest by coach was in the League cup in 75 or 76 and we ransacked the service station on the way home. Do I look back with any embarrassment?
No they’re robbing bastards.
I went by train that year in one of the seagull specials. Got no further than Corby in Northants.
Fair play to the club, got free travel and entry to the Valley later on in the season and witnessed Malcom Poskett notching a hat trick.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ha ! I was on ST04. Back home at 3.15am. I didn't mind the journey - slept most of the way. I did mind that for the first time in a long while on Seagulls Travel - who have been vg for the 5 other times i've used me this season and i will be using again - there was no USB chargers on the coach.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Ha ! I was on ST04. Back home at 3.15am. I didn't mind the journey - slept most of the way. I did mind that for the first time in a long while on Seagulls Travel - who have been vg for the 5 other times i've used me this season and i will be using again - there was no USB chargers on the coach.
The quality of the coaches can be very hit and miss.

Ours was OK yesterday - had USB (I take a battery pack anyway) and a tray to put phone, coffee and other bits. But as you say, some don't have a USB charger (essential for long journeys) and others haven't had a tray. Some also seem to have slightly smaller seats - so it can get quite cosy if you end up sitting next to someone of a robust build for a number of hours!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Got the supporters club coach last night. Back at Hove by around 2.15 Through the front door 2.45. Nottingham is indeed further away than you think. The motorway closures are a right old pain though. As for the drivers they are strictly regulated, there are good reasons for those breaks and limits on driving times.

Yet again came nowhere in the quiz!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Don't know if Its an age thing, or the fact we lost, or both, but our entire 'Love Bus' journey on Sunday seemed like a total ballache.

Obviously the pricing for all modes of transport has gone through the roof, but the amount of road works and traffic on the road made the journey drag.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I got home at 1.30am, but from Tenerife. Pissed off when I got pinged with messages on landing about our defeat.
Hey Ho looking forward to 3 home wins on the bounce.
p.s.....was also on the doomed train to Forest in the late 70's. One guy in the carriage had a portable radio and the train nearly flipped when Wardy equalised.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Was bloody horrific, didn’t get to the ground until 7pm (for some unknown reason we stopped at Leicester for an hour)
The way back was worse, sections of the M1 and M25 closed. Got home just past 3am.
Not blaming Seagulls Travel (well maybe a bit for the needless stop on the way up) but I’m not doing coach for a midweek game anywhere further afield than a Soton distance ever again. Was considering for Newcastle, now no bloody chance.

Anyone else have this ‘fun’ last night?
Drove, but obviously had the same diversions which added an hour or so to the normal time. Had parked about 20 mins walk away, got back to Burgess Hill just after 2am (didn't stop on the way home). Frustrating. Journey up was completely fine though.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Every home evening game is like this for me. Try being an exile!

If you didn’t think almost the entire motorway network closes after 10pm in this country for road works, and has done for at least last 5 years (especially with smart motorways developing), then you clearly haven’t been anywhere lately. It’s ALWAYS like this!! (And another factor in deciding to relinquish my ST)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Drove, but obviously had the same diversions which added an hour or so to the normal time. Had parked about 20 mins walk away, got back to Burgess Hill just after 2am (didn't stop on the way home). Frustrating. Journey up was completely fine though.
Didn't you see me waving at you ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here