Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The coach last night

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Was bloody horrific, didn’t get to the ground until 7pm (for some unknown reason we stopped at Leicester for an hour)
The way back was worse, sections of the M1 and M25 closed. Got home just past 3am.
Not blaming Seagulls Travel (well maybe a bit for the needless stop on the way up) but I’m not doing coach for a midweek game anywhere further afield than a Soton distance ever again. Was considering for Newcastle, now no bloody chance.

Anyone else have this ‘fun’ last night?

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
Got back from coach at 4am, blooming nightmare journey home, fortunately I booked today off work. The transport system in this country has gone to pot..

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I know you are not blaming Seagulls Travel but I think people forget they have no control over the driver as he is employed by the coach company they subcontract for the job. Night game coach travel is always terrible there always seems to be motorway closures. I remember the first play off game at Sheff Wed :lolol: dont think we left Sheffield until midnight and saw the sun come up before getting home.

AlexG

Nov 19, 2021
Berkshire
First away game to Nottingham and the journey back by car on the M1/M25 was pretty demoralising (especially after the result)... we didn't have as far to go as most but fair play to those that got back at 3 or 4am ..

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The last time I went to Forest by coach was in the League cup in 75 or 76 and we ransacked the service station on the way home. Do I look back with any embarrassment?
No they’re robbing bastards.
1979. At least you arrived- unlike the train.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Was bloody horrific, didn’t get to the ground until 7pm (for some unknown reason we stopped at Leicester for an hour)
The way back was worse, sections of the M1 and M25 closed. Got home just past 3am.
Not blaming Seagulls Travel (well maybe a bit for the needless stop on the way up) but I’m not doing coach for a midweek game anywhere further afield than a Soton distance ever again. Was considering for Newcastle, now no bloody chance.

Anyone else have this ‘fun’ last night?
No staying power that's your problem, can remember making away trips to the likes of Hartlepool and Carlisle on the supporters club coach back in the day for evening gamnes, and not arriving home until the dawn chorus.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Nottingham: it’s further than you think.

(Only 1.30am for me)

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I think the coach drivers have to take a mandatory break after a certain amount of time driving, which can lead to those frustrating stops really close to your destination.
Our coach just did a quick driver stop on way back at a petrol station.

Our journey up was reasonably smooth. We had a 45 minute break at Toddington services and got to the ground around 5.45pm. We were second coach to arrive (ST02) and think ST01 was already there.

I honestly think our driver messed up on way back after the second M25 closure as he seemed to be going away from the obvious route ... and had to do a 3 point turn at one point! I got off at our last stop (opposite Wadurs in Shoreham) at 3.22am (not that I was checking the clock) and then had a 2 and a bit mile walk home. Arrived home at 3.58am!! Had less than 3 hours sleep and really flagging now!!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I got off at our last stop (opposite Wadurs in Shoreham) at 3.22am (not that I was checking the clock) and then had a 2 and a bit mile walk home. Arrived home at 3.58am!! Had less than 3 hours sleep and really flagging now!!
Respect!

The entire team shou;d have given you a round of applause after all you had witnessed last night.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
ST03. Going up we stopped at Watford Gap. What a dump. Is it grade 1 listed because that's the only reason I imagine they've not flattened it.
Arrived 6:00 despite congestion between the M1 and ground. Some reason the ground didn't open until 6:30.
Return journey was different. Took a vote and non-stop back. Sadly neither myself nor the driver had any idea where we were at some points, just diversion after diversion. Amex at 2:30, one hour later than expected.
Drivers hours are 4.5 before a break or change of driver. We had two drivers but came straight back and I heard the driver say he was about 10 minutes from his limit. They swopped at the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here