Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"The Club isn't making things happen"

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't recall Andy or Not Andy passing off their feelings as Oscar's.

That stuff about we should imagine how frustrated Oscar is at 'the club being slow'. It's her opinion but yet she's effectively put it in his mouth.

She may be hot but she's irritating.

I'm confused, first people are saying she is his friend and he tells her stuff and she should keep it to herself, now you're saying he's told her nothing she's giving her own opinion and passing it off as his, what do you base this on?

Journalists at all levels have connections and will get fed stuff, will have relationships with various people within the club. When asked by fans on twitter or in those argus ask andy chats or wherever, will share general moods, frustrations. In this instance I think it's more people overreacting and not liking what they're hearing rather than any problem with her or the idea of this particular line of communication.

Personally, I'm not especially worried about what she has said. The transfer market is frustrating for even the most seasoned managers in the English league, I'm not surprised that someone who is new to this league after coming from top sides (both globally, in Barcelona, and proportionally in that for their league Tel Aviv are big). But lets look at the actual tweets:

"Impressions from the game at the Amex? The signings are needed for the head coach's project to work. The club is taking forever!"
Anyone here disagree that we still need signings? No. This may sound like overanalysis, but if I were seriously criticising the club, I wouldn't include an exclamation mark, for me that detracts from the seriousness, and honestly, would make me think it was tongue in cheek.

"the performance isn't Oscar's fault. He's got a plan but the signings are not coming through... I can't add anything to that."
So, taking into account the limited number of friendly matches, the amount of time Oscar has spent with the squad, and the above point that most of us agree we need more signings, Can we blame oscar for the performance/result? Kemy has signed, but the club hasn't announced it, are there other signings or is she simply stating a fact when saying the signings are not coming through?

"then imagine how frustrated he must feel! I insist, it's the club that isn't making things happen."
Empathy. I imagine a lot of managers are frustrated about signings not happening as quickly as they like and one or two might, like oscar, be used to them happening faster. As for the club not making things happen, we've got david burke - transfer are mostly his domain, aren't we being told Oscar isn't as involved, maybe he can identify targets, but there's only so much he can do in our set up. Again, this isn't anything that hasn't been said on here by others.

These really aren't the great controversy some are making it out to be.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
These really aren't the great controversy some are making it out to be.

Read between the lines: 'If Albion lose a few games, it isn't Oscar's fault - It's the clubs. You know who to blame because I (some spanish journo) has told you so.'
It's not exactly helpful.
Do you really think she's speaking on behalf of Oscar? Why would he want that out in the public arena?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Read between the lines: 'If Albion lose a few games, it isn't Oscar's fault - It's the clubs. You know who to blame because I (some spanish journo) has told you.
Do you really think she's speaking on behalf of Oscar? Why would he want that out in the public arena?

I think she's speaking no more or less for him than Naylor has for various managers and other people at the club during his time with the argus. I think it's more about saying "don't read too much into that game, give him some time to get his team" - something said every pre-season/with every new manager rather than "don't blame him, nothing is his fault!".

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I think it's more about saying "don't read too much into that game, give him some time to get his team" - something said every pre-season/with every new manager rather than "don't blame him, nothing is his fault!".

That would have done nicely.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I don't recall Andy or Not Andy passing off their feelings as Oscar's.

That stuff about we should imagine how frustrated Oscar is at 'the club being slow'. It's her opinion but yet she's effectively put it in his mouth.

She may be hot but she's irritating.

I've never met Noelia, but in her Twitter profile she describes herself as a 'student of journalism.' Interesting.

It would be foolhardy in the extreme for any journo to pass off their opinions as those of a player or manager. But equally rash wrongly to claim to know someone's opinions and misrepresent them. So I hope she's on firm ground for her sake.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
As someone said earlier - see if Spanish Dave does sign and then we will know.

And before someone says that she may have said that he wouldn't sign to keep it under the radar or some other excuse she would do better not to say anything

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've never met Noelia, but in her Twitter profile she describes herself as a 'student of journalism.' Interesting.

It would be foolhardy in the extreme for any journo to pass off their opinions as those of a player or manager. But equally rash wrongly to claim to know someone's opinions and misrepresent them. So I hope she's on firm ground for her sake.

Where in those three quotes has she claimed to know his opinion? "then imagine how frustrated he must feel!" is the closest to anything I can see, and that is more empathy than claiming to know his opinion.

This thread is very much like one of those sun articles that are presented in a way to set up some reaction, but when you read it without their slant its nowhere near as bad. Y'know, like "eu says we have to release the yorkshire ripper" then you read it and all it says is that we have to allow for the possibility of rehabilitation, however unlikely, and check now and again. or "School demands mother collects her 11 year old from school holiday for eating chocolate" then you read about how actually, the mother chose to pick her up because she was upset they had dared tell her daughter off for breaking rules everyone had agreed to.

No one has shown any tweets where she claims to speak for Oscar, she hasn't said anything that hasn't been said by someone on here, nor has she said anything that hasn't been said a million times by various people at various clubs about various new managers.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Where in those three quotes has she claimed to know his opinion? "then imagine how frustrated he must feel!" is the closest to anything I can see, and that is more empathy than claiming to know his opinion.

This thread is very much like one of those sun articles that are presented in a way to set up some reaction, but when you read it without their slant its nowhere near as bad. Y'know, like "eu says we have to release the yorkshire ripper" then you read it and all it says is that we have to allow for the possibility of rehabilitation, however unlikely, and check now and again. or "School demands mother collects her 11 year old from school holiday for eating chocolate" then you read about how actually, the mother chose to pick her up because she was upset they had dared tell her daughter off for breaking rules everyone had agreed to.

No one has shown any tweets where she claims to speak for Oscar, she hasn't said anything that hasn't been said by someone on here, nor has she said anything that hasn't been said a million times by various people at various clubs about various new managers.

So you don't see her as holding a big spoon and stirring 'it' up?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Some people have really got a bee in their bonnet about her.

For crying out loud she's an amateur reporter offering an opnion from her perspective in Spain - Whoop-di-doo.

Good to see the casual sexism alive and kicking too.

You can be a total bell-end sometimes. This has nothing to do with the fact she is a woman.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You can be a total bell-end sometimes. This has nothing to do with the fact she is a woman.

Casual sexism isn't necessarily about focusing on gender as the argument, but in the presentation of the argument...

My view, taken from the other thread:
'This broad is starting to piss me off now. So, Oscar's frustrated at lack of signings. Ok, fair enough, we are too. But does she REALLY need to put that out there for all and sundry to read? Talk about creating bad PR.
Disagreements and frustrations should be kept in-house.

SHUT UP, WOMAN!'

"Shut up, woman" - emphasising her gender. That would constitute casual sexism.

After all the Poyet mellow drama the last thing we need after making a fresh start is some bint trying to stir up a cauldron of the brown stuff. I'm not on twitter. Someone who is should tell her to turn it in.

Surprised oscar hasn't told this bitch to shut up ....

Her words ring horribly true tho... This is something that Poyet went on about time and time again. We Are like the spurs of the championship tight as fook!!

She's got a serious thing for OGJ, annoying bint.

Bint, bitch - a gender specific insult, again about highlighting her gender.

Oscar doesn't see the type of person to go mouthing off to some Spanish blogger who he knows will put it online.

It's HER opinion it's taking ages, I woul imagine Oscar has a much more informed view of exactly what's going on.

Could well be the players stalling seeing what other offers are available, she needs to shut up and stop pretending she has an inside track. Sounds more to be Oscar should be worried if he has a rabbit !!!!

This is all true she seems a tad obsessed about him.

Oscar stalker alert !

Andy Naylor tweets about gus, or oscar, or any kemy agustein - he's a journo with an inside track. Noelia posts about oscar (in response to brighton fans questions, I might add) and she is a stalker, with reference to one of the most famous femme fatale of all time. Because really, women can only be interested in football because they are in love with men.

Wait you've seen a picture of this journo, not bad looking

View attachment 45228

Sorry what did you say, I can't stop looking at that pert arse

Exactly,and if He did He wouldn't do it again if she kept trapping of on twitter.
For the record,I'd help her out.

Yeah, let's dismiss what she's saying and just ogle her and objectify her.

When Andy Naylor is criticised on here, it is always about the work, whether it be him being behind the times, getting all his info off NSC, or being wrong with regard to CMS. It is never about him being a man, never about how good (or not) he looks, any insults are never gender specific, that only apply because he is a man.

I doubt those posts I quote intended to be sexist, and I imagine some will argue they're not (partly because it wasn't intended sexism, and in the latter posts, because they were jokes). That is what casual sexism is about. Often times it is not even the conscious intent, it's about ingrained outdated social and cultural norms.

Last edited:

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
As i said earlier i have my suspicions over her credentials and access however suggesting a Dave signing proves she has none is baseless; even Dave himself has said goodbye to the fans and other players. He didn't think he would be coming back (and still might not be) so are people going to flame him, let alone her? People change their mind and she may have been correct at the time of writing.

Yeah, let's dismiss what she's saying and just ogle her and objectify her.

OK, for my part, if you read what I said on this thread properly, you would have seen I quite purposefully did not dismiss what she says, in fact I argued the total opposite that it was possible she had some insight - but yes guilty on the flip comment/ogling her bit. But there actually is no automatic connection between admiring someone's physical form and dismissing their skill/prowess in their chosen professional field, that kind of very crude anti-sex verbiage has sadly alienated even a lot of women these days from identifying as feminists. As for objectifying her, that term is controversial even within feminist circles as an analytically useful term, given its recent adoption by some social conservatives to justify sexually repressive laws/exhortations that end up harming women (but perhaps not the time/place to have a long debate about all this!)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
So because I referred to her as a bitch I'm sexist. Erm yes ok?!

She has stated before that she speaks to oscar frequently and she has implied that this is more on friendly terms than from a professional capacity. Why would a barca semi professional journo be interested in covering Brighton in depth?

Regardless. She seems to be getting a lot more attention from Brighton fans than barca so expect the nonsense to continue.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
OK, for my part, if you read what I said on this thread properly, you would have seen I quite purposefully did not dismiss what she says, in fact I argued the total opposite that it was possible she had some insight - but yes guilty on the flip comment/ogling her bit. But there actually is no automatic connection between admiring someone's physical form and dismissing their skill/prowess in their chosen professional field, that kind of very crude anti-sex verbiage has sadly alienated even a lot of women these days from identifying as feminists. As for objectifying her, that term is controversial even within feminist circles as an analytically useful term, given its recent adoption by some social conservatives to justify sexually repressive laws/exhortations that end up harming women (but perhaps not the time/place to have a long debate about all this!)

El Pres had you spot on. London Pompous.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
He's been there 4 weeks.

He would have needeed to see the players he has at present in training and in game situations to determine what kind of players he needs and which positions he needs them for.

Once he saw them all go through their paces only then would he have written up a list for what is required.

That list couldn't have been drawn up until 1-2 weeks ago. So to expect for those requests to have been filled in such a short time is ludicrous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here