Maybe not them.

Maybe not this lot, either...

article-2520382-19F6D7C000000578-107_964x754.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It has to be cycling fans

Cultured, linguistic, well traveled, well read, historians but innovative and frugal.

Sure we can occasionally run up a mountain, in our pants, carrying a stuffed boar, but be honest,

Boar.png

who hasn't done that?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Cricket and rugby supporters are traditionally from a middle class background.
Football is traditionally working class.
So yes they might be smarter but will no doubt be more pompous.

I think Welsh rugby supporters would disagree there. And New Zealand.

In those countries rugby is the most working class of sports. A trip to Cardiff compared to Twickenham to see a Six Nations game is so different you wouldn’t believe it was the same sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Well, more people watch League regularly around the world than they do Union, must be some intellectuals amongst them somewhere.

Worldwide attendances for rugby union are just over 7 million; worldwide attendances for rugby league are about 4.6m. And that doesn't take into account the women's game (women's rugby league is tiny), the amateur game and minor leagues (union is played in Europe outside the major leagues, rugby league is scarcely played outside England, France, Oz and NZ)

I think Welsh rugby supporters would disagree there. And New Zealand.

In those countries rugby is the most working class of sports. A trip to Cardiff compared to Twickenham to see a Six Nations game is so different you wouldn’t believe it was the same sport.

It's even more stark in club rugby in Wales - no prawn sandwiches there.

And in some areas of England, rugby is a working class game too. In Gloucestershire and Somerset it's very much a working class sport - there aren't too many posh blokes in the Shed at Kingsholm

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Scrabble

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Probably cricket of the county championship variety which is a nerds/statisticians/analysts paradise. That said they can also be the weirdest, most peculiar and most personality free fan grouping of all sports. Perhaps the two go together.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The answer is Fishing , it has to be , it's the biggest participated sport in the world .

Pastime, however many times Sky show fishomania

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Perhaps the cleverest fan is the young lad at the back here. Seems he'd rather sit and have an ice-cream, than being bored sh*tless watching Arsenal...

untitled.png

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Many years ago, we were playing Cambridge away at their really nice little ground they had at the time.

It was before the days when there was segregation as strictly enforced and my family ended up standing in the area in front of the stand.

There was a bit of bantz flying around and there was a couple of aging Neanderthals, fat pot bellied mouthy, you know the type ..anyway one of the intelligentsia turned around to my mother and said...” ..anyway we have a better university than you...” sticking his fat face in my mother’s face...she answered him without even pausing..” ..is that the one that you clean the toilets at?...”. The place fell about including this dicks mate who turned to her and said “ fair play missus...” and they sloped off to the other end of the ground.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Footballs a game not a sport. Blood sports are the only true sports everything else is a game. So fox hunting for me

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

I do know fox hunting gets quite tactical doesn’t it. Actually that’s a good shout.......... fox hunting

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here