Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Christmas Eve drinking thread

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Given what you were guzzling the other night, I'm intrigued to know what's going down at yours over the next couple of days. How was that La Chapelle by the way (I have some 94, 95 and 96 underneath my stairs)?

The '90 was stunning - still got room to develop further, but masses of fruit with structure. I wouldn't rate it as highly as Parker does, but a stunning drop. Of the vintages that you mention, the '96 should be the best, I'd guess.

I've dug a few things out, but I was in a rush, so it wasn't as well considered as I'd have liked:

'78, '89, '90 & '91 Guigal La Landonne
'82, '85, 86, 88, '89 & '90 Ducru,
'59 Margaux
'61 Latour
'96 Sanford & Benedict vineyard pinot
'94 Russian Hill Howell Mountain cab
'74 Heitz Martha's Vineyard
'71 & '76 VT Rieslings - think I took the Schlumbergers, but am not certain
'48 & '63 Fonseca

I'd hope I could put a flight together out of that lot.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Several Harveys Best at Lewes Arms(nothing like Amex Harveys) Clear..beautiful aroma..after several..a few more...then on way home will probably see Father Christmas!!!!!!!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Pulled pork for tonight has been in the slow cooker since 10. Just about to weigh the Turkey and plan the schedule for tomorrow. Have to visit both my parents (and their partners) in Shoreham and Brighton whilst it's cooking so military precision is required.

Need to hold off for the alcohol for a bit longer, then some decent Bordeaux red with the pulled pork and next door's draft Harveys at their Xmas Eve bash. Tomorrow will be Chablis and an interesting single vineyard Sauvignon adjacent to Pouilly Fume, and a Sauterne with the Pud, followed by bubbles when the wife's side of the family arrive around 530.

Great to have all the family back home. A very Merry Christmas to all of NSC.

PG

Closely followed by a night in the toilet, sicking it all up.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I started at 11:30 this morning on the Adnams,

.......helps as I'm only 200 yards from the brewery itself. :cheers:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I like to spend the night with my girlfriend. I always do. Ten pints, a curry and some quality conversation, following which I will head home punctually at 11pm to be with her. Just the thought of the look on her face when I come in fills me with joy.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't drink much, but a third of this years bill is alcohol. Especially the Baileys.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just arrived at Ellesmere in deepest Shropshire and checked in with family, now off to our pub b&b to properly check in.
I don't know what's on offer at the pub as Mrs V booked it, however, I will necking something like a dog going at a bag of hot chips very soon.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Just Strongbow today, Bottled ales and wine tomorrow but somehow forgot to buy myself some Rum for Christmas.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I'm celebrating Christmas and, you know, stuff. How about you?

First up some champagne*

(* - Somerset champagne)

I shall be drinking Butcombe,.... you know,... Somerset Butcombe.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The '90 was stunning - still got room to develop further, but masses of fruit with structure. I wouldn't rate it as highly as Parker does, but a stunning drop. Of the vintages that you mention, the '96 should be the best, I'd guess.

I've dug a few things out, but I was in a rush, so it wasn't as well considered as I'd have liked:

'59 Margaux
'61 Latour
'48 & '63 Fonseca

If you'd like me to pop round for that flight, just shout. Enjoy that lot, you really should.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If you'd like me to pop round for that flight, just shout. Enjoy that lot, you really should.

There's no way I'm opening them all! I wonder if there'd be any appetite for a NSC wine tasting group? Whatcha opening?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

'59 Margaux
'61 Latour
'48 & '63 Fonseca

I spied a few of those in the "£9.99 on offer to £4.99" section in Tesco, but none really took my fancy. I did manage to pick up a cracking little Liebfraumilch though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
First up this. Interesting to say the least.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 182
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 177

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here